The Pelco NSM5200 Network Storage Manager (36 TB / US Power Supply) is designed to meet the demanding needs of physical security and surveillance applications. Capable of offering a throughput of 250 Mbps along with high performance, this Network Storage Manager eliminates common choke points and increases operational efficiency.
A powerful Linux operating system with periodic de-fragmentation of the database ensures smooth operations. It keeps recording critical data even if a catastrophic failure occurs, thanks to the pooled storage management that automatically distributes the load and active-active failover for uninterrupted recording. In case a user-defined critical event occurs, the NSM5200 Manager will send notifications of potential or actual issues to specific users.
The frame rate of aged video is lowered over time in network storage managers to free up storage capacity. Now with EnduraStor storage optimization technology, you can stipulate the priority level of an alarm or event video to retain the full frame rate of significant videos clips. Supporting RAID 6 storage configuration, the NSM5200 ensures reliable storage of your recorded video content.
The built-in diagnostic features of this network storage manager let you quickly diagnose an error condition and take preventive measures. With temperature sensors throughout the chassis, you can detect possible air-flow obstruction or clogged intake filters. Front panel buttons allow quick access to the hard drives and the CompactFlash cards for maintenance operations. Moreover, a unique rail system allows you to effortlessly replace a worn out or faulty fan. The use of enterprise-class SAS technology in this Network Storage Manager offers advanced enclosure management and monitoring capabilities.
Packed into a fully integrated chassis, the NSM5200 Network Storage Manager is capable of simultaneously handling all other common disk and RAID functions efficiently. The use of low-power components and adaptive cooling technology that manages power dissipation based on load requirements makes it highly energy efficient unit.
- Recording throughput up to 250 Mbps
- Meets demanding performance requirements for write-intensive applications
- Hardware designed to eliminate single points of failure, including redundant fans and power supplies
- RAID 6 storage for optimum reliability
- Linux-based operating system with XFS file system and periodic de-fragmentation
- CompactFlash card is used to host the operating system for higher reliability than traditional hard disk drives
- Pooled storage management provides automatic distributed load balancing and active-active failover within a storage pool to ensure continued recording if catastrophic failure occurs
- Hot standby failover provides redundancy in installations where storage pooling cannot be utilized
- Multicast recording support allows recording of multicast data streams for restricted bandwidth scenarios
- Redundant recording ensures duplication of vital data for mission-critical applications
- Built-in EnduraStor storage management increases storage efficiency by grooming recorded streams based on age and priority
- Ability to serve 32 simultaneous playback streams per storage pool
- Performance levels maintained in normal and RAID error conditions
- Built-in diagnostic monitoring provides preventative maintenance and SNMP monitoring
- On-board LED indicators to display warnings and failures
- Provides warning messages for items such as retention time issues, accumulation of software errors, network errors that result in packet loss, and changes to network link speeds
- Reports hardware diagnostics such as temperatures approaching established thresholds, hard disk drive failures, fan failures, power supply failures, or when a stream or the system is offline
- Communicates with an APC Smart-UPS series uninterruptible power supply to provide battery status information and initiate a shutdown if the available charge falls below its designated threshold
- Reduced cost of ownership and increased energy efficiency through consolidation of multiple hardware components into a fully integrated chassis