The Orion Images 15RTCLD 15” Sunlight Readable LCD Monitor offers enhanced ultra-high brightness LCD color display for high ambient light applications. This transflective enhanced anti-glare display is readable under all lighting conditions including direct or indirect sunlight - the stronger the ambient light the brighter the image. The advantage of transflective technology is that there is no extra heat generation and lower power consumption, and contrast and brightness is naturally brighter to help preserve the life of the back light. This monitor is designed for use in applications such as industrial machinery, kiosks, ATM machines, and order confirmation systems.
Recent advances in liquid-crystal displays have created outdoor applications for sunlight viewing, especially where CRTs are out of the question because of their bulky size.
The transflective sunlight readable LCD enhances panel PC systems in terms of brightness, dimming range, and viewing pleasure. This transflective LCD holds both transmissive and reflective properties; the method of image display depends upon the conditions of the ambient environment. The display uses a backlight with a transmissive property in dark environments, and uses external light with a reflective property in bright environments.
- Transflective method allows for better color performance, which provides excellent color characteristics
- Readable under all lighting conditions, including direct sunlight
- Power saving and backlight life preserving in outdoor applications
- No extra heat generation even when viewed at higher brightness
- Superior transmissive brightness due to transflective enhancement
- Minimizes internal and surface reflections
- Low power usage (no more than off-the-shelf LCDs)
- Low heat emission (no more than off-the-shelf LCDs)
- Enhanced contrast ratio for both indoor and outdoor conditions
- Public information display (bus, railway, airport)
- Digital signage (advertisement)
- ATM, outdoor kiosk (bank, shopping mall, theater)
- Gas pump (gas station)