The Convergent Design ARRIRAW Option for Gemini 4:4:4 is a firmware upgrade requiring no new hardware. You can continue using your Convergent SSDs. The Gemini 4:4:4 is an ARRI-certified recorder, so it produces the same quality .ari files as any other ARRI-certified recorder. A DC-to-DC converter cable for powering the Gemini from the ALEXA and surge protection is included.
- 16:9 and 4:3 Support
- 4:3 aspect ratio support is included with the upgrade (and as a free firmware update for current users).
- Metadata / XML
- All Metadata from ALEXA is sent over and captured on every file, and an XML file is created for importing metadata into your NLE.
- The ARRIRAW option records ARRIRAW in all frame rates up to 60p. Please note that this is the highest frame rate Gemini can capture from ALEXA, as ALEXA records 120fps only internally.
- Full Raster Debayer
- The Gemini's 5" LCD displays a full raster 1920 x 1080 debayered image, with or without LUT applied.
- No New Media or Hardware
- The upgrade is only a firmware update. All you need is an activation key. No new media is necessary for high data rate capture and your existing Convergent Design SSDs will work with the .ari files.
- Demo Mode
- ARRIRAW is available to all Gemini 4:4:4 users with firmware v1.1.2 or greater in demo mode. In the menu, simply turn RAW to "On." Images and preview will produce a grey bar for watermarking. You'll be able to test RAW files and workflow.
- Data Rates
ARRIRAW (16:9) @ 24fps:
168Mbps, 50 min 512GB, 100 min 2x 512GB, 1 SSD required
ARRIRAW (16:9) @ 30fps:
210Mbps, 41 min 512GB, 82 min 2x 512GB, 1 SSD required
ARRIRAW (16:9) @ 50fps:
350Mbps, 24 min 512GB, 48 min 2x 512GB, 2x 512GB SSDs required
ARRIRAW (16:9) @ 60fps:
420Mbps, 20 min 512GB, 40 min 2x 512GB, 2x 512GB SSDs required
ARRIRAW (4:3) @ 24fps:
221Mbps, 37 min 512GB, 75 min 2x 512GB, 2 SSDs required
ARRIRAW (4:3) @ 30fps:
280Mbps, 30 min 512GB, 61 min 2x 512GB, 2 SSDs required
ARRIRAW (4:3) @ 48fps:
447Mbps, 34 min 2x 512GB, 2x 512GB SSDs required