The Sony HXR-NX70E NXCAM Compact Camcorder (PAL) features an 1/2.88" Exmor CMOS Sensor and a fixed Sony G lens with a 10x zoom ratio and a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 26.3-263mm in 16:9. The HXR-NX70E meets stringent dustproof and rainproof requirements. The camera's sealed body keeps out all but the toughest of elements.
The HXR-NX70E can record HD 1080p images at 50p, 50i and 25p. Furthermore, the Dual Rec function lets you shoot 12.3MP stills while recording video. The camera includes 96GB of built-in flash memory and can also utilize Memory Stick or SD/SDHC memory cards.
An assignable lens ring gives you manual control over focus, zoom or iris. The camera includes is a shotgun microphone, and the detachable handle features dual XLR inputs for recording 2-channel audio using the best quality external microphones. Zebra and peaking indicators can be viewed through either the large viewfinder or high-resolution 3.5" touchscreen LCD.
The built-in GPS receiver allows you to "tag" your locations for logging and future reference, with all GPS data extractable to a PC and mappable via Google's mapping service.
Note! HXR-NX70E is the PAL version of this camcorder. Users who live in the United States and other NTSC regions may require the NTSC version, HXR-NX70U.
- Rain & Dust Resistance
- HXR-NX70 has a IEC60529 IP54 rating. A waterproof performance rating of IPx4 means that the main camera body is protected against rain showers and water splashes. However, it should not be submerged underwater or sprayed with pressurized water from a tap or hose. A rain cover is recommended to protect accessories and connection. IP5x rating does not guarantee 100% protection against exposure to extremely fine particles.
- Sony G Lens with 10x Zoom Ratio
- Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, detailed images. HXR-NX70's lens has a 10x zoom ratio and a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 26.3-263mm. A fast maximum aperture of f/1.8-3.4 enables low and available light shooting.
- Assignable Lens Ring (Focus/Zoom/Iris)
- Manual controls include an assignable lens ring for adjusting focus, iris and zoom.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode provides compensation for camera shake to deliver smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, the innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling feature adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor delivers excellent lowlight sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light-gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lowlight conditions. The sensitivity is roughly double that of conventional CMOS sensors of the same size and pixel size.
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD 60/24p Recording & 12.3MP Still Images
- The compact HXR-NX70 shoots in full high-definition quality (1920 x 1080) with a choice of 50p, 50i and 25p frame rates. It can also simultaneously shoot 12.3-megapixel (4672 x 2628) still images. It also supports playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV, for complete flexibility in reviewing your footage.
- 96GB Embedded Flash Memory for Up to 40 hours of HD Recording
- Built-in flash memory provides extra capacity, ideal when working remotely, as well as providing additional workflow options for backup and sharing content. 96GB embedded flash memory can record and store up to 40 hours of high definition video footage in HD LP mode.
- 3.5" Touchscreen XtraFine LCD display (921K)
- The large 3.5" (16:9) XtraFine LCD screen (921K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily and alter settings to best represent the scene, even when outdoors in bright lighting conditions.
- Shotgun Mic and XLR Adapter with Phantom Power
- The ECM-XM1 shotgun microphone mounted on top of the handle provides audio recording performance similar to larger shoulder-mounted ENG style cameras. The detachable handle has two balanced XLR audio inputs with phantom power and level controls. Default audio settings for XLR recording are highlighted in green for easy reference in the field in order to reduce operator error under difficult lighting conditions.
- Geotagging with Built-in GPS Receiver
- A built-in GPS receiver gives you the ability to "geo-tag" shooting locations. Your locations can be tracked on Google maps and all GPS data can be extracted with a PC. Additionally, the receiver automatically adjusts your camcorder's clock to the proper time zone.
- Direct Copy to External HDD without PC
- Store content or back up your data by copying footage directly from your camcorder to an external hard disk drive (sold separately) without using a computer. The HXR-NX70 can also access videos stored on an external hard drive for playback on HDTV. 1