The dazzle behind Optoma's PT105 PlayTime Projector is its portability. The projector is super portable at 1.9 lb. (0.9kg), which allows you to bring it anywhere you go. The PT105 connects to game consoles, computers, video players and even hand-held devices. The addition of an HDMI connector allows users to readily connect to the broadest possible range of output sources to create a dynamic home theater and gaming experience.
The PT105 is basically a pocket projector built around a DLP chip paired with an LED light source, just like most pocket projectors. The PT105 shines at 75 lumens and has a native resolution of 854 x 480.
Lastly, the PT105 an intriguing and inexpensive option for game playing, and to a lesser extent watching movies.
- LED light source for excellent color and a long lifetime of over 20,000 hours
- HDMI, VGA and audio / video inputs mean you can connect the PT105 to video game consoles, computers, Blu-ray / DVD players, cable and satellite receivers, digital still and video cameras and VCRs
- Project a 60" (1.5 m) widescreen image onto a wall or ceiling from less than 10' (3 m) away
- Instantly turns on and off and runs at a cool temperature, so it can be conveniently moved from room to room
- With its low power consumption, the PT105 uses 80 percent less power than a 42" LCD television
- The slim and light design allows you to move this projector from the kids playroom (where the LED design and ease of use let it link readily to gaming systems) to the living room or back yard for a family movie night. For a home office or small business, this projector delivers a simple and cost-effective way to share presentations and slideshows
- All the controls-buttons for power, menu, and source, plus a triangular directional pad with up / down and left / right arrow buttons-are on the top of the unit. Arrows control the volume, and allow users to navigate the on-screen display. Using the menu, you can adjust the aspect ratio, image preferences, menu language, image orientation, and select sources. A focus wheel above the lens allows users to manage picture clarity
- The LED-based design, in addition to being environmentally friendly with low power usage and the elimination of mercury and other hazardous materials, allows for cool operation which in turn allows for the compact size
- As part of the Optoma ProJect Green program, Optoma's Pico projectors, which incorporate LED technology, have been designed and manufactured for eco-friendliness