The Axis Communications P5512 Compact PTZ Dome Network Camera measures 7.5" (19 cm) making it suitable for outdoor areas that require discreet monitoring, such as parking lots. Equipped with a 1/4" CCD sensor, the camera delivers excellent image quality at resolutions up to 704 x 480. A minimum illumination of 1 lux (color) and 0.3 lux (B&W) makes the camera suitable for low light surveillance.
Defined by its Day & Night ICR (infrared cut filter removal) function, the camera switches between color and B&W as per changes in ambient lighting ensuring accurate color reproduction in daylight and enhanced B&W images at night.
The PTZ functions of this camera enables you to remotely move the camera in a 360° pan via auto-flip for overview surveillance, a 180° tilt and a 12x zoom with autofocus for detailed viewing. The Advanced Gatekeeper functionality enables automatically moves the camera to a preset position when motion is detected in a pre-defined area. For example, in a parking lot, when motion is detected, the camera zooms in to capture a license plate and returns to the default position after a set amount of time has gone by.
For video compression, the P5512 Network Camera transmits multiple streams in H.264 and MJPEG video formats at full frame rates in 4CIF resolution or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints. Additionally, it has an SD slot for on-board storage of the recorded footage.
Intelligent video capabilities include video motion detection, audio detection, and active tampering alarm. The camera supports an open API (Application Programming Interface) for software integration, including the ONVIF specification for interoperability between network video products. With two-way audio streaming, you can communicate with intruders from the operator's base station. Password protection restricts access to unauthorized persons and IP filtering restricts access to 1 or more user groups. User groups can be created with an IP address range being defined for each group.
With its Power over Ethernet (PoE) port, this camera receives power and video/audio and PTZ controls via a PoE midspan (not included), making it easier to install the camera most anywhere and not only near a power supply; thereby, eliminating the need for power cables and reducing installation costs. The camera's IP51-rated casing ensures that the camera remains protected against dust and dripping water, allowing you to install the camera where a sprinkler system might be used. For added flexibility, the P5512 Indoor Camera comes with mounting brackets for hard and soft ceilings as well as clear and smoked covers to use as per your requirement.
Excellent Image Quality
- 1/4" CCD image sensor delivers clear and crisp images at resolutions up to 704 x 480
- Minimum illumination of 1 lux in color and 0.3 lux in B&W modes
- Automatic IR cut filter for switching between color and B&W modes
- Backlight compensation adjusts video gain to correct the exposure when the object is in front of a bright light source
- White balance feature adjusts the red, green, and blue colors taking a standard white reference to get clear images
Optimized Use of Bandwidth and Storage
- Multiple H.264 and MPEG streams can be provided simultaneously either in full frame rate or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints
- SD/SDHC card slot for on-board storage for recording images or small video clips
- Built-in 802.3af compliant PoE allows the camera to receive power directly from its network interface, without the need for additional wiring and cables
- Supports two-way communication with visitors or potential intruders from the operator's base station using a microphone and speaker (both not included)
- IP51-rated casing ensures that the camera remains protected against dust and dripping water
- PTZ - 360° pan via auto-flip, 180° tilt, 12x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom with 100 preset positions
- Video motion detection feature compares the current frame with a pre-determined standard frame to accurately trigger an alarm if motion is detected
- On motion detection, pre-/post-alarm images are stored in a video buffer
- API (Application Program Interface) supports an open API for software integration, including the ONVIF specification and the VAPIX and Axis Camera Application Platform from Axis Communications
- Password Protection restricts access to unauthorized persons
- IP Filtering restricts access to one or more user groups; user groups can be created with an IP address range being defined for each group
- Digest Authentication uses a system where the network server authenticates a user request through a domain controller and then grants access to authorized users only
- User Access Log maintains a log of all the users that were granted access to the camera image data on the network
- HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol over SSL) protects streaming data transmission across the network