The Axis Communications P7210 Video Encoder (16-Channel) is used to interface up to 16 analog cameras to a network. This encoder supports H.264 and MJPEG video compression formats that reduce video size without compromising on image quality. Furthermore, the quad view mode feature allows you to view 4 displays simultaneously on the monitor.
You can control the analog PTZ cameras via RS-422 and RS-485 ports. All the recorded footage can be easily stored on the built-in microSDHC memory card. With Power over Ethernet capability, the P7210 16-channel video encoder receives its power via the same Ethernet cable used for data transmission.
- Suitable for large analog video installations, especially where an IP network infrastructure is already in place
- Supports simultaneous multiple streaming of H.264 and JPEG on each channel in full frame rate
- H.264 video compression format reduces the bandwidth and video size without compromising on clarity
- Allows viewing of 4 different screens simultaneously
- 2-way audio streaming allows you to simultaneously send and receive the audio signal
- Built-in four microSDHC memory cards offer ample space to store data
- Compatible with PTZ and PTZ dome cameras
- RS-422 and RS-485 port let you control analog PTZ cameras
- Power over Ethernet capability aids you in charging the encoder via the same Ethernet cable used for data transmission
- Enables you to activate lights as well as lock and unlock the doors for safety by connecting the external relays and sensors to the configurable inputs/outputs
- Supports an alarm system that triggers an alarm when the camera detects certain movements in the motion detection window or when the camera is tampered or when the audio rises/falls below the threshold level
- User access control prevents unauthorized persons from operating this encoder
- Privacy masking prevents users from viewing confidential videos of the monitored area
- System can be remotely controlled and configured