The Symphonic String Collection by SONiVOX was sampled, programmed, and processed to exacting standards. Recorded by award-winning audio engineers at the renowned Sonic Temple Studio in Massachusetts, it incorporates over 18GB of the most comprehensive and playable ensemble string sounds available.
The Symphonic String Collection's rich, multi-dynamic instruments were sampled from the world-class musicians of the Boston Pops and Boston Ballet Orchestras. The natural recorded sound was preserved by utilizing minimal processing at every step. As a result, you'll hear refined sound both spatially and harmonically. The Symphonic String Collection combines lush expressiveness with comprehensive articulation options and resonant string decays.
All programming was done exclusively by SONiVOX's team of sound designers, ensuring consistent sound throughout the library. The included reverb can be completely bypassed or added to taste. And although the user interface makes it available, no additional EQ or panning enhancements are needed to achieve absolute realism.
The SONiVOX Symphonic String Collection enables musicians and composers to evoke the true essence of a string orchestra, in all its complex shading and color.
- Patches by Section
- 1st Violins, 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Basses all load in separate instruments. They can also be loaded together in symphonic sketchpad patches that smoothly combine them across the range of the keyboard.
- Accuracy with Flexibility
- Each string section was recorded in its traditional position within the orchestra for a full stereo sound. User defined panning possible without stereo phase degradation.
- Dynamics and Phrasing
- Up to 4 dynamic levels recorded for each articulation. Down and Up bows recorded for tone and phrasing variation.
- Release Samples
- Release samples included to preserve the natural string instrument resonance and subtle ambient decay of the room. These samples simply trigger to add realism when you lift the keys.