The 5 Port PoE Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch from D-Link provides a cost-effective way for businesses to benefit from Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. This technology allows you to power up devices such as wireless Access Points, network cameras or IP phones directly from the network cables. You can attach additional Ethernet devices such as computers, printers and Network Attached Storage (NAS) onto your network. The DES-1005P switch is equipped with one PoE port and integrates D-Link's Green Ethernet technology to save power when the switch is not in use. Its fanless design makes it completely silent, hence it is ideal for operation in offices, libraries or meeting rooms.
- Plug and Play PoE
- The first port in the 5 Port PoE Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch supports the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard. This port supplies PoE power for up to 15.4 W and will automatically detect the power that a connected PoE device requires, thus no configuration is needed. This makes the switch a convenient solution for applications where power sockets are limited or when it is necessary to minimize the clutter of extra power supplies. PoE power is a convenient connectivity solution for IP cameras, Access Points or VoIP phones. It features active circuit protection.
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- The DES-1005P switch prioritizes network traffic for smooth integration of video, voice and data traffic. This helps to deliver time-sensitive data efficiently, even during bursts of high data traffic. This ensures an optimal experience for streaming media and VoIP calls.
- Auto MDI/MDIX Crossover
- All ports in the DES-1005P support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover that eliminates the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables for ease of installation.
- Power Saving Technology
The 5 Port PoE Switch incorporates green eco-friendly technology that provides energy savings and reduced power consumption. It helps to conserve energy through methods such as Link Status and Cable Length Detection. The Link Status feature automatically powers down ports that have no link. This allows the switch to save substantial amounts of energy by cutting power for unused ports or ports connected to computers that have been shut down. It can also detect connected cable lengths and adjust power usage accordingly. This saves energy without affecting networking performance. Additionally, the fanless design helps this switch to operate in silence.
The switch includes the Energy Star Level V power adapter to ensure an efficient power conversion and extended product lifespan. The switch is energy compliant with EEE and RoHS.
- Energy Efficient
- This switch consumes less power with D-Link Green technology.
- Easy to Install
- The switch features non-blocking architecture. It is suitable for indoor environments and is compatible with existing Ethernet infrastructure.