The SmartPro 24 Port Gigabit PoE Switch with 4 SFP Slots from D-Link is designed for businesses which require functions such as L3 static routing and single IP management (virtual stacking) without upgrading to a managed switch. This switch integrates advanced management and security functions that are similar to those of a managed switch and is less complex. It features D-Link Green 3.0 technology which enables significant power savings.
Additionally, the DGS-1500-28P switch's 10/100/1000 Mbps ports are PoE-enabled that offers ease-of-use and green features like Time-based PoE. This feature enables the power to the port to be shut off at a predetermined time. It also supplies power to devices of up to 30 W and is compliant with 802.3af and 802.3at. The management options consist of SNMP, web management, SmartConsole utility and compact CLI. The switch supports ACL filtering and D-Link's safeguard engine to protect the network. This switch features smart fans. The smart fan uses a thermal sensor that detects temperature changes. It reacts accordingly by utilizing different fan speeds for different temperatures.
- Advanced Features
- The DGS-1500-28P Switch integrates advanced features such as virtual stacking and layer 3 features like static routing. Virtual stacking reduces the number of IP addresses needed on a network. It can be reduced by configuring up to 32 devices to appear as a single unit with one IP address. This simplifies network management for small workgroups and allows for switches to be added without special cabling.
- Extensive Layer 2 Features
- The switch is equipped with a complete lineup of layer 2 features including IGMP snooping, port mirroring, spanning tree and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP). The IEEE 802.3x flow control function allows servers to directly connect to the switch for fast and reliable data transfers. The Gigabit ports provide high-speed data pipes to servers with minimum data transfer loss at 2000 Mbps full duplex. The network maintenance features consist of loopback detection and cable diagnostics. Loopback detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port or VLAN and it automatically shuts down the affected port or VLAN. The cable diagnostics feature is designed primarily for administrators and customer service representatives. It can quickly discover the type of error on cables and determine the cable quality.
- QoS, Bandwidth Control
- The DGS-1500-28P Switch supports Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV) and Auto Voice VLAN, which are best suited for VoIP and video surveillance deployments. The ASV is a technology built into D-Link's smart switches. This technology consolidates data and surveillance video transmission through a single SmartPro switch. This ASV technology also ensures the quality of real-time video for monitoring and control without compromising the transmission of conventional network data. The Auto Voice VLAN technology enhances VoIP service by automatically placing voice traffic from an IP phone to an assigned VLAN. With higher priority and an individual VLAN, these features guarantee the quality and security of VoIP traffic. Additionally, the DSCP markings on Ethernet packets enable different levels of service to be assigned to network traffic. As a result, these voice and video packets take precedence over other packets. With bandwidth control, network administrators can reserve bandwidth for important functions that require more bandwidth or might require high priority.
- Secure your Network
- The safeguard engine protects the switch against traffic flooding caused by virus attacks. The switch also supports 802.1X port-based authentication and allows the network to be authenticated through external RADIUS servers. The Access Control List (ACL) feature enhances network security and helps to protect the internal IT network by screening traffic based on MAC or IP addresses. The DGS-1500-28P Switch has ARP spoofing prevention, which protects from attacks on the Ethernet network that may allow an intruder to sniff data frames, modify traffic or bring traffic to a halt altogether by sending fake ARP messages to the network. The switch uses packet control ACLs to block invalid packets that contain fake ARP messages to prevent ARP spoofing attacks. The DHCP server screening feature screens rogue DHCP server packets from user ports. It prevents unauthorized IP assignment for added security.
- Versatile Management
- The DGS-1500-28P Switch provides a SmartConsole utility and a web-based management interface that enables administrators to remotely control their network down to the port level. The SmartConsole allows customers to discover multiple D-Link web smart switches within the same L2 network segment. With this utility you need not change the IP address of your PC. It also simplifies the initial setup of the smart switches. The switches within the same L2 network segment that are connected to your PC are displayed on the screen for instant access. This allows extensive switch configuration and basic setup of discovered devices including password changes and firmware upgrades. The 24 Port Gigabit PoE Switch with 4 SFP Slots supports D-View 6.0 and compact Command Line Interface (CLI) through Telnet. The D-View 6.0 is a network management system that allows the central management of critical network characteristics such as availability, reliability, resilience and security. The CLI management of the switch is possible via Telnet. This makes it possible to adjust basic settings, passwords, configuration of files and firmware with ease.
- D-Link Green Technology
- The switch implements D-Link Green Technology, which comprises a power saving mode, smart fan, reduced heat dissipation and cable length detection. The power saving features automatically powers down LEDs and ports when not in use. It also schedules the hibernation of the switch. The switch can also detect the length of connected cables. This automatically adjusts power usage by saving energy on shorter cable connections of up to 65.62' (20 m). The switch can also support power saving by link status. It significantly reduces power consumption by automatically toggling ports without a link to sleep mode. This switch features smart fans. The smart fan uses a thermal sensor that detects temperature changes. It reacts accordingly by utilizing different fan speeds for different temperatures. The smart fan feature enables the built-in fans to automatically turn on at a certain temperature. This provides continuous, reliable and eco-friendly operation of the switch.