The MyStudio AL1-2 Accent Light Kit is the perfect addition to any MyStudio tabletop photo studio. Each kit contains 2 fixtures that may also be used separately to add continuous 5,000K lighting to other photo setups.
Accent lights provide the photographer with additional light and creative options that are not possible when using a single key light. Because an accent light is independent and not fixed in a permanent position in the tabletop studio, it can be moved around and positioned wherever the photographer chooses to create the desired effect. Some of the types of lighting that can be created using the MyStudio Accent Lights are:
High Contrast - this is created by adding more light to one side and leaving the other side in relative shadow. This effect can be regulated by varying the distance that the light is placed from the item, combined with removing or reducing the intensity of the front key light.
Rim Lighting - by placing the lights slightly behind and to one or both sides of the subject, it is possible to create a "rim light," defined as a highlight along the outside edge of the subject. This is especially effective with glass and other objects of a translucent nature, but it can add a pleasing effect to almost any type of item.
Back Lighting - just as it sounds, back lighting is produced by placing a light behind the subject. In product photography back lighting is often created by placing the accent light above and behind the item, creating a pleasing highlight along the top of the object. This effect is also used to achieve separation from the background.
Additional Key Light - sometimes a photographer just wants more light on a subject, either to be able to use a higher shutter speed or to use a smaller aperture without increasing the ISO. By adding one or more accent lights to the front of the setup in addition to the main key light in any MyStudio tabletop studio kit, the amount of light is instantly doubled or even tripled, thus giving the photographer the additional light he or she needs.
- 5,000K color temperature bulbs for extremely accurate color in your photographs
- Can be positioned horizontally or vertically depending on the size of the item or desired lighting effect
- Fluorescent lighting is "cool" and will not heat up the object being photographed or burn fingers if touched
- Unlike flash, continuous lighting provides the photographer with a real-time view of what the photo will look like
- Endless creative lighting possibilities due to the independent nature of the accent lights which can be positioned anywhere