The DuoSwap 2.5" / 3.5" SATA Hot Swap Drive Enclosure from Icy Dock works the same as other popular hard drive enclosures, however it also comes packed with more features than the average enclosure. These include individual LED indicators, a power button and an eject button. It has been designed to allow you access to both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA HDDs or SSDs simultaneously.
Finding an easy way to switch between two different SATA hard drive sizes can be very difficult to find. With the implementation of solid state drives, you may now be transitioning between the older HDDs and replacing them with SSDs. The DuoSwap will allow you to not only house both the HDD and SSD in the same enclosure, but simultaneously power and utilize them. This works great for transferring contents from an old HDD to a new SSD, backing up data, or merely using two drives within the same computer or workstation.
In order to prevent dust from entering your computer, a two part flexible anti-dust cover is integrated into the enclosure in order to protect the drives by closing when a 2.5" HDD/SSD is in use. The DuoSwap enclosure also makes hard drive maintenance and monitoring easier with individual hard drive LEDs, power buttons, and eject buttons. These allow you to power down each drive when not in use in order to save energy, money, and extend the life of your hard drives.
The DuoSwap also uses two standard SATA connectors for data transfer, as well as a single power adapter to prevent compatibility issues. Moreover, for additional drive security, Icy Dock has designed an "Eagle-Hook" mechanism that switches on immediately when a 3.5" drive is inserted, and promptly locks the hard drive in place so it won't fall out when you move the PC around.
Installation of the DuoSwap SATA enclosure into a computer is just as easy as inserting the drives into it. It has been specifically designed to be a tool-less operation, and the hot-swap system provides easy access to both drives. Having an easy way to use your hard drives, without the worry of installing or removing them, makes it a must have accessory for any personal PC, Lab testing PC or HDD duplication system.
- Connects up to one of each 2.5" and 3.5" SATA drives into one 5.25" bay for a space saving setup. Also supports a single 2.5" HDD / SSD in 12.5mm height (Up to 9.5mm while the 3.5" bay is in use)
- Able to run 2.5" and 3.5" SATA hard drive or SSD Simultaneously, and its two-part anti-dust cover protects system internals even when a small 2.5" SATA drive is used
- Fast and simple tool-less drive installation, great for any level of computer user, with a large individual drive eject button for hassle free drive removal
- Provides an individual SATA 3, 6.0 Gbps connection for each HDD or SSD, and an individual LED for both 2.5" and 3.5" bays
- Anti vibration kit for the 3.5" drive bay helps to reduce movement, while the Eagle-Hook mechanism adds extra security to the 3.5" hard drive
- Easy access and individual power buttons allow for increased hard drive life expectancy and energy conservation