The DSI RF Systems NewsShark HD Encoder with 4G Sprint Modem / 3G Verizon is a compact and efficient transmission system that can very conveniently and with total success serve both broadcast and security surveillance applications. It encodes live video and audio recordings and wirelessly transmits them back to the studio (or command center) in real-time, encoding in H.264 and AAC formats and streaming by internet connectivity through a separately-sold NewsShark Decoder. Along the transmission, image quality gets auto-adjusted to compensate for any bandwidth variations, and video gets delivered at qualities higher than that of cell phone footage.
The Encoder features two modem slots. At anytime, you can optionally upgrade any modems in them. The unit you've clicked into comes with a 4G Sprint modem and a 3G Verizon modem already installed. You can activate either or both and switch between the two as you see fit.
Upon your purchase of the Encoder, you will be presented with one of three mount types to choose from at no additional cost. Please pick the one specific to your intended use. You can select a V-Mount or an Anton Bauer Mount, depending on the type of camera you use, or a Shoulder Strap Mount if you mean to carry the Encoder instead of attaching it to a camera. Furthermore, following receipt of your order, DSI RF Systems will contact you and will provide you with SIM card information for setting up your modems.
- Wireless A/V Transmission
- Encodes live video and audio in H.264 and AAC
- Transmits recordings in real-time back to the studio
- Streams by built-in modem via separately-sold Decoder
- Adjusts image quality to compensate for varying bandwidth
- Transfers video at quality that's higher than cell-phone footage
- Remote Newsgathering / Surveillance
- Feeds A/V while you're on the move
- Very simple to operate: just power it on
- Self-contained with a battery and antenna
- 6100 mAh internal battery and 3 dBi antenna
- Power Options
- Attaches between camera and camera's battery
- Gets power from camera battery or 12V DC source
- Internal battery otherwise gets four / five hours of use
- Internal battery ensures against internet connection loss