The Leica X2 Digital Compact Camera With Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens (Silver) is light, compact Leica camera equipped with a 16.1 megapixel CMOS sensor in APS-C format--a format usually only found in much larger DSLR cameras.
The Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH. non-interchangeable lens has 8 elements in 6 groups (1 aspheric lens) and enables manual focusing or precise autofocus with automatic exposure, ensuring photographers perfectly exposed, sharp images with a press of the shutter release. Its wide-angle creates sufficient distance when needed and also lets shooters to get in close to pick out the details in a scene.
Its improved CMOS sensor helps to yield low noise levels for effective low-light and indoor photography without a flash, high dynamic range and accurate color differentiation. Sensitivity goes as high as 12500 ISO. The crop factor of the sensor is 1.5 in comparison with 35mm film format, which means the lens has an effective (35mm equivalent) focal length of approximately 35mm.
A 2.7" LCD with 230,000 pixels and a 100% field of view, almost fills the entire back of the camera and enables the Live Mode and precision focusing. Users can also view and compose their images using either the optical or electronic Leica viewfinder (both optional) which fits into the accessory shoe on top of the camera body.
The camera records both JPEG and DNG file formats and registered owners can download a free copy of Adobe Lightroom to process the camera's DNG raw files. With legendary Leica precision engineering, the X2 is compact (2.7 x 4.9") and lightweight (only 11.2 oz), and features a design reminiscent of classic Leica M-series rangefinders.
- Large CMOS Sensor
- The CMOS image sensor of the Leica X2 in APS-C format is unusually large for such acompact camera. The result: extremely low image noise, high dynamic range, and accurate color differentiation. The combination of an exceedingly large sensor and high-performance lens sets new standards in image quality in the compact camera category.
- The Leica Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH.
- The Leica Elmarit 24 mm f/2.8 ASPH is a true Leica non-interchangeable lens with superior optical performance. When seen in terms of 35-mm film format, it has a focal length of 35mm.
- The design of the Leica X2 also expresses Leica's commitment to the essentials, thanks to its compact size and classic finish. Reminiscent of the traditional Leica M-Design, the X2 becomes an instant love affair - not just down to its captivating looks, but also the wonderful feel in your hands. Once held, even for a moment, it becomes difficult to put down. The camera's robustly engineered, full-metal chassis is reassuringly solid, while its leather trim is comfortable to the touch and provides a perfect grip.
- Most Simple Control
- For simple snapshots or painstakingly arranged compositions - the Leica X2 is the ideal camera for anyone with a passion for photography in its purest form. That's because it enables split-second changes between automatic and manual control. The robust dials on the top plate allow easy setting of the shutter speed and aperture. Moreover, changing the plane of focus, adjusting white balance, and other imaging parameters, allows photographers to control the look or mood of their images. In live view mode, the generously-sized, high contrast 2.7" LCD screen offers photographers constant control and a clear and detailed view, even in bright conditions.
- 2.7" Display
- The bright 2.7" display of the X2 almost fills the entire back of the camera and reveals the finest details even in bright surroundings.
- Live View
- The live-view function replaces an optical viewfinder and shows an accurate preview with all essential image information. The Live Mode also makes the X2 particularly versatile for shots taken from unusual perspectives.
- Precision Autofocus
- The Leica X2'S fast, new autofocus feature enables extremely precise and virtually silent focusing. Perfect for situations where spontaneous reactions are essential to capture the right moment. It adapts flexibly to the situation in hand, for example, with a choice AF focusing segments or face recognition.
- Universal Formats
- The X2 transforms image data into JPEG files for immediate use or photographers can choose to save images in the Adobe Digital Negative (DNG), a format that allows image-relevant exploitation of all the benefits of the recorded sensor data.
- Retractable Flash
- The LEICA X2 features a retractable flash, which serves as a main flash but can also be used as a fill-in flash and can be synchronized to the second shutter curtain.
- Workflow Solution
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, a professional digital workflow solution, is available as an online download free of charge for all Leica X2 customers. It helps keep files organized and can process the X2 DNG raw files.