The 1911 Colt Cut HD Night Sight Set with a yellow-outlined aiming point from Trijicon is a self-illuminating three-dot iron sight for low-light shooting conditions. This configuration of the HD Night Sight fits 1911 firearms with Colt Cut sights. The front and rear sights are machined from solid steel and the self-illuminating gas lamps are housed in silicon-cushioned aluminum, making the HD Night Sight ready to withstand the force of rapid firing. The surfaces of both sights are angled and textured to reduce glare and enhance the contrast of the aiming point. The aiming point in the front sight has a yellow glow-in-the-dark ring around the green tritium phosphor gas lamp to improve visibility and assist target acquisition.
- Tritium Phosphor Illumination
- Battery-free tritium phosphor lamps self-illuminate in low-light and no light. The front sight has a yellow photoluminescent ring around the green lamp window to enhance visibility and contrast. Trijicon warrants their green phosphor lamps for a period of 12 years from the date of manufacture.
- Aluminum Phosphor Lamp Housing
- The tritium phosphor gas is protected by an aluminum housing and sealed by a sapphire jewel window that also protects the lamp while evenly transmitting the emitted light. Silicon shock-mounting suspends the aluminum housing within the machined steel sight and absorbs force from intense recoil.
- Machined Steel Construction
- Designed specifically to fit 1911 Colt Cut sights.