The xMAC Mini Server from Sonnet with Thunderbolt technology can easily take the place of a full size server. The Server's PCIe 2.0 expansion system and 1U rackmount enclosure expands the mini Server's potential in a big way.
The specially designed 1U rack enclosure securely holds a Mac mini firmly in place and delivers strategic airflow cooling. The xMAC includes a central power hub for the Mac mini and PCIe cards. It has an additional Thunderbolt port for daisy chaining to other Thunderbolt devices. The xMac mini Server also provides a front panel USB port and a power button. The PCIe expansion slots power on and off in unison with the Mac mini.A xMac mini Server combines the usefulness of the RackMac mini 1U rackmount enclosure for Mac mini Server computers with the functionality of the Echo Express Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards to enable you to transform a Mac mini with Thunderbolt technology from a simple server to something much more.
- Adds Connectivity and Capabilities to Mac Mini
- By connecting one PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode) slot and one PCIe 2.0 x8 (x4 mode) slot via Thunderbolt technology to the Mac mini it supports high performance of the expansion cards.
- Diverse PCIe Card Support
- The server supports Fiber Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, pro video capture and playout, SAS/SATA RAID controllers, pro audio and other PCIe cards.
- Energy Efficient
- Its variable speed fans adjust to the unique needs of each configuration and the auto power on/off feature makes sure that the energy is not wasted with cards powered on when the system is off. This also ensures that the PCIe cards are cool and the enclosure stays as quiet as possible.
- Built for Future Expansion
- The xMac mini Server allows easy access to its PCIe slots and the computer's ports. It is easy and simple to install the PCIe expansion cards. An included Thunderbolt cable plugs in between your Mac mini and one of the xMac mini Server's Thunderbolt ports, which link the PCIe slots to the computer. The xMac mini Server's second Thunderbolt port allows daisy chaining of additional Thunderbolt Technology-enabled peripherals such as additional PCIe expansion and data storage devices.
- Expand to Fit Your Needs
- The mini Server supports one full-length, full-height x16 (x4 mode) PCIe 2.0 card to enable you to use professional video capture or trans coding cards such as the RED Rocket; plus a second half-height, half-length x8 (x4 mode) PCIe 2.0 card such as a 10 Gigabit Ethernet, SAS or Fiber Channel adapter all in 1U rack space.
- Smart Design Inside and out
- The xMac mini Server has numerous thoughtful design touches, with user-replaceable power supply and fans, and built-in cable management that keeps the server ready to use. The front panel USB port enables you to connect a keyboard, mouse or thumb drive to the computer without having to access its ports from the back. Other Mac mini interface ports are extended to the back of the chassis and mounted on the rear panel for convenient interfacing of Gigabit Ethernet, USB and HDMI cables. An opening in the front panel allows the Mac mini's power indicator to shine through. There's a central power hub for the computer and power supply for the PCIe slots, enabling you to power everything with one power cord. Locking brackets for the Thunderbolt cables and holes for cable ties enable you to secure all cables, keeping them tidy while avoiding accidental disconnects.