The A8X8 from Apogee is a 16-channel module for the Symphony I/O that allows for any combination of 8 x 8 analog input and output, and 8 x 8 AES/EBU or optical digital input and output. The module occupies one of the two slots available on the chassis and represents 25 years of Apogee research and design excellence.
Refined and updated circuitry with fewer, more advanced components allows for a shorter audio path, resulting in more clarity and transparency and a more efficient power distribution. The module features enhanced C777 clocking performance and lower converter latency.
The analog and AES I/O require optional breakout cables, available in various configurations to suit individual requirements.
- 8 x 8 channels of analog input/output with 8 x 8 channels of AES/EBU or optical digital input/output, available simultaneously up to a total of 16 channels
- Optical digital supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF
- S/PDIF input and output up to 192 kHz on RCA coaxial that replaces two input channels and mirrors two output channels
- Ultra low latency AD and DA conversion
- Rear panel Dig I/O hardware switch selects AES or optical digital I/O format