The lightweight, ultra-portable HP 32GB Slate 2 Tablet PC features an LED backlit 8.9" capacitive multi-touch LCD display with either a WSVGA 1024 x 600 or 1024 x 768 widescreen resolution, depending on the application. The tablet uses Microsoft's Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Operating System with an Intel Atom Z670 1.5 GHz processor and Intel's Graphics Media Accelerator 600. To ensure maximum performance and sufficient storage, the Slate 2 has 2GB of DDR2 on-board memory and supports 32GB of storage capacity on an integrated solid state drive flash module via SATA interface.
The Slate 2 offers several connection points and features, which provide users with a highly flexible, versatile and functional tablet. Equipped with WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi wireless connectivity, the Slate 2 affords Internet access through a wireless network at home or through a WiFi hot-spot. The tablet supports wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + HS file transfer and Bluetooth-enabled device connection as well. With a single USB 2.0 port and a dock connector, the Slate 2 affords wired, non-Bluetooth device connectivity and also connection to the optional HP Slate Cradle Dock. The Slate Dock (sold separately) makes available multiple USB 2.0 ports, as well as an HDMI terminal for watching your HD video content on a full-sized high-definition television.
If 32GB of storage capacity isn't enough for you, you can use the available USB 2.0 port for connecting any external storage drive with a USB interface or even just a USB memory stick. The Slate 2 even features an integrated SD card slot for storage expansion. The card slot supports SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. Another integrated feature that helps the Slate 2 stand out among the crowd is the HP Slate Digital Pen. The capacitive multi-touch display of the HP Slate 2 lets you navigate on the screen with the touch of your fingers, while the Digital Pen and Evernote software provide an alternative to finger navigation and typing. With the Digital Pen, users can hand-write e-mail messages and even take notes or use it like a mouse to point and click.
Other multimedia accouterments that enhance the tablet's versatility and flexibility are integrated stereo speakers, microphone and dual cameras. The built-in stereo speakers let you listen out-loud and share music and video with friends. The integrated microphone lets you talk hands-free and locate applications and features by voice command. The Slate 2 also features dual cameras. One is an inward-facing VGA webcam, while the other is an outward-facing 3MP camera. By using the integrated speakers, mic and VGA webcam together, users can video-chat with friends and family or video-conference for work. The portable tablet also supports high-definition audio and features a headphone output/mic input combo jack.
- Touch or Write
- The capacitive multi-touch display of the HP Slate 2 lets you navigate on the screen with the touch of your fingers. You can also use the HP Slate Digital Pen and Evernote software to handwrite e-mail messages and take down notes
- Stay Productive
- With a starting weight of only 1.5 pounds, the HP Slate 2 enables professionals to check e-mail, browse the Internet, read and edit documents, presentations, spreadsheets and more. The Windows 7 Home Premium 32 operating system is pre-installed on the tablet and runs your familiar software, including custom applications
- Stay Connected
- Cut the cords and stay connected. With Atheros WiFi wireless support, you can send and receive e-mails or access the Internet-at work, at home and at your favorite hotspots. Plus, the Bluetooth 4.0 + HS technology provides wireless short-range communication or connectivity between other Bluetooth devices such as printers, mice and headsets
- Great for Business
- Thanks to expanded touch capabilities, enhanced multitasking performance and embedded security, the HP Slate 2 affords added flexibility for mobile business users
- Faster Boot Times & Longer Battery Life
- The HP Slate 2 comes with an Intel Atom Z670 processor with mSATA SSM technology to deliver faster boot times, improved battery life of up to six hours and increased performance for business customers
- Expand Your Workspace
- Rest the HP Slate 2 in the optional HP Slate Cradle Dock to facilitate a desktop experience with two additional USB 2.0 ports and an HDMI port. Easily connect accessories such as keyboard, mouse and printer with the built-in USB 2.0 port. Insert your SD card to import photos or other files in a snap
- TPM Security Chip
- A TPM Embedded Security Chip protects your emails, as well as your data on the hard drive
- Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools
- Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools provides user control and management of the TPM chip to increase secure user authentication, improved personal secure drive integrity, secure email and support protected digital certificate applications