The Behringer ULTRABASS BXD3000H is a 300-watt bass head amplifier with two switchable channels, one clean and one distorted. The ULTRABASS provides you with ample on-demand power for rehearsal, recording, and live performance.
The amplifier features a 7-band graphic equalizer with an LED-illuminated frequency spectrum analyzer that provides visual feedback for precisely equalizing the tone of your sound. A built-in compressor and limiter controls dynamic response, and a sub-harmonics processer can be engaged to enhance the bass by generating a harmonic one octave below the input signal.
The amplifier includes one DI output, one line-level output, and one headphone output for practice and studio monitoring. The BXD3000H also includes a CD input, which allows you to play along with your favorite songs.
The Tone Shaping Controls
- Switch between two separate tones, one clean channel and the other distorted via a front panel button or dual foot switch
- Change the sound during different parts of a song or shape the tone of the second channel for use with a different kind of bass such as a 5-string, a fretless, or an acoustic with an electronic pickup
- Clean channel includes one knob for adjusting the gain of the signal
- Distorted channel includes one knob for adjusting the gain, one knob for adjusting the shape of the tone, and one knob for the overall level
- Shape knob changes the shape of the sound's frequency response by lowering or "scooping" out the dialed-in mid frequencies while boosting the low and the high frequencies of the signal
The Dual Foot Switch
- The BXD3000H includes a dual-function foot switch for selecting between the clean and distorted instrument channels, as well as engaging the Ultrabass sub-harmonics processor
Graphic Equalizer and Spectrum Analyzer
- The BXD3000H features a 7-band graphic equalizer that enables you to precisely adjust the levels of the different frequencies within the frequency spectrum. The 7 sliders of the bands are set at 63Hz, 100Hz, 315Hz, 630Hz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, and 5kHz
- By pressing the FBQ button on the front panel of the amplifier you engage the real-time frequency spectrum analyzer. Each of the seven sliders in the 7-band graphic equalizer will now illuminate via a built-in red LED with the intensity of the light correlating to the intensity of the signal at that frequency. This provides you with instant visual feedback for equalizing your desired frequency response and for eliminating ground hum and low frequency feedback loops
The Built-In Limiter and Adjustable Compressor
- The BXD3000H includes a built-in limiter to prevent the amplifier from clipping and protect any connected speakers from receiving too much signal
- The amplifier also includes an adjustable compressor that allows you to narrow the dynamic range of the amplifier by lowering the loud signals and raising the quiet signals for an overall punchier sound