The ARRI L7-T 3,200K LED Fresnel (Hanging) is at the vanguard of a new generation of lighting equipment that can be seamlessly integrated into the studio or onto the set without sacrificing features or performance.
The key characteristic of any Fresnel is flood to spot capability and the L7-T meets and exceeds expectations with an impressive beam angle of 15-50°. There's simply no learning curve or accommodation to be made when swapping out L7s fixture for fixture with standard Fresnels. In fact, you're not going to be moving them around or juggling scrims in high places thanks to the 100 - 0% dimming capability.
Light intensity is controllable via DMX or RDM remotely. This model or via an on-board controller with an LCD panel for operators who prefer to make these adjustments locally. And the L7-T will be seen but not heard thanks to its dead quiet passive cooling system.
The L7-T LED source produces 1,000W of light while drawing only 220W for a savings of a whopping 75% over similar output tungsten lights. And low heat means lower AC bills in the studio. You can actually run 9 L7s off of a 20A, 110V outlet as opposed to two 1,000W or three 650W standard fixtures. When it comes to performance and features, the L7-T might just be the perfect light source.
- Cut, Shape, Focus, Tune
- By delivering state-of-the-art technical innovations through a recognizable system platform, the L-Series offers a smooth transition into an era of high performance, energy-efficient studio and location lighting solutions
- The Transition to LED
- The ARRI L-Series has launched an LED Fresnel fixture so close to its conventional equivalent in function and performance that it creates a previously unattainable opportunity: like-for-like replacement of traditional Fresnels with LED-based units.
- Familiar But Revolutionary
- Quality of light begins with the field. Smooth intensity, uniform color, even illumination: all are traits shared by the L-Series and conventional ARRI Fresnels. And, as Fresnel fixtures are already workhorses of the lighting industry, designers and technicians now have nothing new to learn in order to use LED technology
- A key element of the versatility of traditional Fresnels is the ability to spot and flood the beam as needed. Whether it's a flood field for a pullback shot or a tight spot for a bright highlight, the continuous focusability of the L-Series performs lives up to your expectations. And, unlike traditional Fresnels, which have significant light waste in spot focus, the efficient L-Series optical system maintains the same field lumens in all focus positions.
- Versatile, Controllable Beam
- Whether shaping the beam to isolate talent and set elements or cutting the beam field to eliminate spill light, control is crucial to lighting. The L-Series Fresnels' LED array allows you the same ability to cut and shape the beam using optional barndoors and flags, as traditional tungsten sources.
- Even Light Field
- Clear, defined shadows have traditionally have only been a trait of single source tungsten and daylight fixtures. ARRI L-Series Fresnels provide the same single shadow properties designers expect, delivering natural results.
- Passive Cooling
- To satisfy the rigorous sound requirements of modern broadcast studios, the groundbreaking L-Series' passive cooling system incorporates no moving parts or fans and is therefore completely silent; it can be used in ambient air temperatures of up to 95° (35°C). The lack of forward heat significantly reduces studio air conditioning costs and allows for a much cooler work environment. This makes life easier on set, both for the technicians behind the lights and the talent in front of them.
- Focus Knobs
- True Blue-style focus knobs provide the precise adjustment and rapid flood-to-spot that users enjoy from manual, mechanical control. Knobs on both sides of the fixture ensure easy access from all positions, eliminating the need for awkward reaching around the fixture. Turning the knobs is neither tedious nor time-consuming; full flood-to-spot can be achieved in only three turns.
- Sliding Stirrups
- The ARRI sliding stirrup design enables precise adjustment of the fixture's center of gravity, to compensate for front-end accessories. It also creates the option of pulling the fixture back and reducing its hanging height.
- With an extremely slim profile, the extruded aluminum yoke provides high strength without added weight.
- Tilt Lock
- The high strength tilt lock provides extremely secure locking, eliminating movement and slippage and ensuring that the fixtures will stay where you put them.
- On-Board Control
- For location applications, the ability to rapidly access all lamphead parameters directly at the light is important. For this reason, this model features an on-board controller with manual intensity adjustment and DMX settings.
- DMX Control
- For broadcast studios, remote fixture control is of paramount importance, and all functions of the L7 are controllable through DMX. You can regulate intensity and focus directly from your control console. The L7 is also fully RDM compatible, providing bi-directional feedback and reporting of parameters including system status, hours on the light engine, calibration data from the internal color sensor and current DMX address (with the ability to remotely assign and address all fixtures in a DMX network).
- Energy Savings
- There is much discussion about the "green" credentials of LEDs in the market, but perhaps the most compelling aspect in this regard is the associated cost savings. L-Series fixtures reduce electricity usage by 75% and their LED light engines last 200 times longer than normal bulbs, when compared to conventional tungsten Fresnels. These and other cost-saving attributes will combine to affect a rapid return on your investment.
- Location Applications
- Lighting teams working on location will love the versatility they can achieve in small to medium-size packages. Nine ARRI L7 Fresnels can be run off of a single 20A, 110V outlet, as opposed to only two 1000W or three 650 W tungsten Fresnels.
- Upgradeable Technology
- The L7 is an expandable platform designed to adapt with the latest enhancements in LED chip performance. The light engine is fully upgradeable, ensuring that the fixtures can take advantage of technology advances as and when they happen. The firmware is also upgradeable through the USB port on the rear of each unit, accommodating future control protocols such as ACN and incorporating other system enhancements that may become available in due course. In addition, future optical accessories will bring new levels of functionality to the platform, further expanding the L-Series' versatility.