The Precision DeEsser from Metric Halo is a plug-in that tames sibilance in vocal material, or used for removing excessive high-frequency content from other audio files. It combines the filter technology and dynamics processing of ChannelStrip with the metering and analysis of SpectraFoo, both aid in zeroing in on offending frequencies and correcting them quickly and efficiently.
The plug-in allows selection of five different points in the processing chain to monitor exactly what is (or isn't) being removed. All parameters are fully automatable, providing full control of processing during mix down.
Note! Requires an iLok 2 key if one is not already present on the system. A single license authorizes all specified plug-in formats.
- High-precision filter block with center, bandwidth and sharpness controls
- Compressor with threshold, ratio, attack and release controls
- Comprehensive listening control
- SpectraFoo spectrum analysis, with selectable instantaneous and average displays
- Scalable gain reduction meter