TransientControl from Metric Halo is a plug-in that allows for modifying dynamics in ways that are not possible using traditional compressors.
The plug-in provides direct access to the transient ("attack") and sustain portions of an audio file, and changes to either will result in more or less punch, or the smoothing out of dynamics.
Note: Requires an iLok 2 key if one is not already present on the system. A single license authorizes all specified plug-in formats.
- Transient: Controls the gain applied to the transient portion of the signal
- Sustain: Controls the gain applied to the sustain portion of the signal
- Gain: Master output gain in dB
- Fast Attack: Sets the fast attack time of the transient detector
- Slow Attack: Sets the slow attack of the transient detector
- Release: Sets the release of the transient detector
- Attack: Sets the attack of the sustain detector
- Fast Release: Sets the fast release of the sustain detector
- Slow Release: Sets the slow release of the sustain detector
- Bypass: When enabled, fully bypasses the plug-in
- UI Mode: Selects the UI of the plug-in: Basic, Basic with process metering, Advanced with process metering
- Display Gain Range
- Sets the gain range for the process metering display
- Include Output Gain
- Sets whether the gain from the Gain control is figured into the process metering