The AC-1321 3-Section Aluminum Tripod with BA-106 Ball Head from Oben is a lightweight (2.9 lb) tripod that provides reliable support for any camera and lens up to 6.6 lb.
The tripod's 3-section aluminum legs and center column extend to a maximum height of 57.5", and when folded, the entire system is a compact 23.4". Flip locks on each leg enable extremely fast deployment and retraction of leg stages. Three leg angles are possible, and pull-tab locks secure the legs in their notches. The legs' angles are independently adjustable to accommodate shooting on uneven terrain. At the widest leg angle, the tripod sits extremely close to the ground to facilitate low-angle shooting. The tripod's feet feature rubber tips which are great for shooting on slippery or hard surfaces.
The tripod's rapid center column extends with a twist of the wingnut locking knob. For protection when it's retracted quickly, there's a rubber damper that protects the center-post collar. Locking screws underneath the collar enable you to fasten the head securely to the chassis. By unscrewing the spring-loaded hook at the bottom end, the center column becomes removable and reversible, for a second method of achieving extremely low-angle shots. The center column's hook holds a counterweight, in case you need additional system stability.
The BA-106 has a single-action knob that allows you to unlock all axes of movement in one fell swoop, so you can quickly orient your camera properly, retighten the knob, and return to shooting. The ball-locking mechanism is remarkably strong for reliably stable performance.
The included quick-release plate attaches to your camera via its standard 1/4"-20 screw, and easily snaps and locks into place on the head.
Two bull's eye bubble levels will allow you to align your frame with the horizon, in both portrait and landscape orientations. The BA-106 features a 90° groove for tilting the camera to portrait orientation.
This tripod also includes a fitted, padded carry case with a removable shoulder strap, two heavy-duty zippers, and an interior zipper pocket. A tool clip with two hex wrenches for adjusting the center column and the leg joints is also included. It snaps onto any of the tripod legs for easy access.
- A spring-loaded counterweight hook is located at the bottom of the center column. The column can be separated into 2 parts to give you a short column for low angle and macro work
- Leg cushions on 2 legs provide a firm grip in cold or wet weather
- Two included Allen keys attach to a tripod leg, so you're always ready to tighten components
- Padded carry bag provides a snug fit for the tripod/head combination and features two heavy-duty zippers, an interior pocket with a zipper, and a shoulder strap
- Angle adjustment locks keep legs at the chosen angles
- Center column is grooved to prevent rotation
- Angled rubber feet for maximum contact with the ground
- Tripod features reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 screw to fit almost any head