The Pelco CM680032X6X Matrix Switcher/Controller (PAL) is a single box solution for medium-sized matrix switch applications. This matrix switcher/controller provides switching and control for up to 32 video inputs and 6 monitor outputs from any one of up to 10 keyboards, PCs, and other devices. Furthermore, the CM6800 provides switching and control from any one of up to 10 keyboards. The system can also be used to control other devices, such as Genex multiplexers.
The user-enabled character display shows time and date, operation mode, camera number, and a 20-character title for quick, easy identification of the on-screen video. The CM6800 supports powerful system macros (32) and configurable sequences (16), which allow activation of commonly occurring events based on time/calendar or alarms. Macros provide quick call-up of multiple cameras to multiple monitors.
Macros can also activate preset positions and auxiliaries on suitably equipped (PTZ or dome) receivers, and activate external relays to turn on lights, lock doors, or control other auxiliary functions (additional equipment may be required).
Built-in video loss detection alerts operators or technicians of camera failure. Logical camera numbering provides the ability to assign any camera number to the physical input. An integral color bar generator allows the user to adjust monitor settings.
With the CM6800, the system manager can select from a wide variety of alarm handling and display options. An alarm can trigger a macro, preset, or pattern, and alarmed cameras can be displayed on one or several monitors. There are also choices for the order in which alarms are displayed, alarm priorities, automatic or manual acknowledgement, and activation of auxiliaries.
Multiple ports are provided for PTZ control and keyboards. A single data line, using Pelco M protocol, can accommodate various types of equipment, such as keyboards and external alarm interface units. RS-232 ports allow for communication with a PC. Peripheral components allow for expansion of alarms, relay contacts, and keyboards.
The CM6800 offers easy-to-use, password-protected, on-screen configuration menus, and supports 8 different languages. The CM6800 is designed to be remotely operated from desktop keyboards or external computer systems. Configuring the system is easy using on-screen menus and a system keyboard or the Windows based system management software. The manager software allows for remote configuration and external storage of all user setups. Configuration menus and on-screen texts are provided in eight languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. Multiple ports are provided for PTZ control, keyboards, and peripheral components.
- 32 video inputs, 6 video outputs
- Inputs allow for viewing and control of cameras, domes, pan/tilt/zoom (PTZs), multiplexers, and other devices
- Includes multiple language menus and on-screen text
- Video inputs individually selectable for terminating or looping with switches on rear panel
- Supports Coaxitron and RS-422 camera control
- Password-protected menu configuration
- Windows-based manager software
- System partitioning prevents unauthorized viewing and control
- Integrated color bar generator
- Wide selection of peripheral components, including keyboards, alarm boxes, and relay boxes
- Macro configuration and event timers automate system operation
- Multiple built-in ASCII communication ports