The black HandsFree-495 DL Waist Pack from Kata is larger than the 493 version of this bag. It remains a viable shooter's bag for anyone doesn't want to be encumbered with a traditional shoulder bag or backpack. This waist pack leaves your hands free to pursue your photography without the worry of a bag dragging down your shoulder or back. It's rated to hold your DSLR with a mid-range zoom plus two additional lenses such as a 24-70mm f/2.8. Your camera is held in top grip shooting position so that when you unzip the bag, simply grab the camera, shoot, replace it and move on. This bag is the way to go when you want a lightweight bag that holds enough gear to get you through a gig.
The ripstop and nylon bag opens away from your body so that only you will be able to see inside. That's a big plus when you're in the middle of a crowd. Inside, your camera is stored in top shooting position so that when you open the bag, you're ready to shoot. The internal dividers can be configured to suit your gear needs. The inside lid has a storage pocket for media cards or batteries while outside there are two larger zippered pockets that are sufficient to hold your flash, two more medium range zooms or a water bottle.
When the weather is wet, simply deploy the built-in rain cover. Additionally, this bag will accept optional Kata Modi-Vers dividers that will permit you to customize the bag even more by cutting the dividers to exact shape to accommodate specific gear. The Modi-Vers are yellow and will make locating your gear easier in marginal lighting conditions. In addition to the snap coupled waist belt, a top carry handle is provided for quick grab moments. The bag is backed by Kata's five-year warranty.
- Lid opens away from your body for fast access to gear; also provides a measure of security since no one but you will be able to see inside the bag
- Your camera is held in top grip shooting position
- Large side pockets can hold flash, two medium range zooms or a water bottle
- Lid pocket for memory cards, batteries
- Modi-Vers Compatible
- This bag is customizable through the use of the Modi-Vers divider system (KT VG-MDK, sold separately). This allows you to fully customize your bag to protect and fit your gear. You can cut custom dividers to fit whatever size you need to keep your equipment snug. The yellow material makes it easy to find even the smallest components and accessories
- Rain Cover
- The provided rain cover will protect your valuable equipment during extreme weather conditions
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 31.2" (79.2 cm)