The SUNWAYFOTO DB-52 Ballhead is a heavy-duty ballhead with a ball diameter of 52mm. All the components of this ballhead are precision machined from aluminum alloy and stainless steel. As a result, it is corrosion-resistant, adaptable, and durable in extreme weather conditions.
The Y-axis diameter of most ballhead balls is generally about 0.07mm longer than the X-axis diameter. The advantage of this design is to increase resistance of the ball when it is sliding to the side in order to avoid the risk of sudden falls. However, the Y-axis diameter of the DB-52 ball is 0.03mm longer than its X-axis diameter, and its shape has been changed from ellipsoidal to somewhat spherical. Such a design allows for smooth operation while also retaining the advantage of increased resistance.
The DB-52 Ballhead has a double drop-notch design for camera orientation: one notch for portrait orientation and the other for tilting.
- Universal Quick-Release Clamp
- This is a standard length screw-knob clamp with a captive knob. It can be mounted via an M6 flat head screw. This universal clamp features a spirit level and safety stop relief grooves. Compatible with Arca-style plates, this device is interchangeable and can be easily removed.
- Main Lock Knob
- Main Lock Knob: Delivers maximum torque and arrests all ball movement. Since the knob features no rubber components, reliability and longevity are ensured.
- Friction Adjustment: The friction adjustment knob is to the side of the main lock knob. As you add or detach equipment from your ballhead, the load changes. Accordingly, the friction can be adjusted by simply twisting the friction adjust knob clockwise or counterclockwise, depending on the weight of the equipment. This helps smooth operation of your equipment at all times.
- Main Lock Knob Scale Ring: Positioned on the main lock knob, the ring is laser-engraved with index marks from 1 to 12.
- Pan Lock Knob and Panning Base Scale
- An independent pan lock knob and 360° panning movement with calibrated precision scale allows easy, precise capture of overlapping images in horizontal panoramas. The panning base is laser-engraved with index marks from 0 to 360° and increments of 5°.
- Double Drop-Notch
- This ballhead features a double drop-notch for camera orientation. One notch allows you to use the camera for capturing images with portrait orientation, and the other allows for tilting of the camera.