The DDP-64MX Indexing Rotator with DDY-64 Discal Clamp for Panoramas from Sunwayfoto has ten different selectable click options - 5, 10, 15, 20, 24, 30, 36, 45, 60 and 90°. This rotator also has 64mm foot footprint (diameter), and is best suited for ultra wide fisheye lenses when capturing full 360 x 180° and HDR panoramas.
The modular design of the DDP-62MX adds an Arca-Swiss dovetail plate to the rotator. Without the dovetail you can mount the unit directly onto a tripod, however once you add the dovetail the rotator gains the Arca-Swiss quick release on the base, and it can fit into any Arca style clamp or tripod head.
Combining CNC machined aircraft aluminum parts, with a compact and durable design, the DDP-64MX also provides for very precise, fluid rotation required of professional photographers. You can also change click stops on-the-fly, which is ideal in time-sensitive situations when shooting must be completed quickly. These include shooting high resolution multi-image mosaics, or shooting the same scene at different focal lengths.
The DDY-64 Disc Clamp is a circular Arca-style clamp that fits to just about any 3/8"-16 or 1/4"-20 threaded screw (a 1/4"-20 adapter bushing is included to convert the 3/8"-16 thread). An integrated bubble level allows you to ensure that your camera's position hews to the horizon.
With a diameter of 2.5", the DDY-64 fits many brands of ball heads, such as those from Arca-Swiss, Jobu, Really Right Stuff, and more. The clamp fits most Arca-style dovetail camera plates (plate and head not included). With the provided 6mm Allen screw, you can remove your head's existing clamp and replace with the DDY-64.
- For 360 x 180° Spherical & HDR Panoramas
- With precision CNC machined components, precisely engraved marking & lubricated bearings for smooth rotation allow full spherical panoramas to be quickly and accurately captured
- 64mm Diameter/Nadir Footprint
- Diameter of 64 mm provides sufficient precision and stability while keeping the nadir footprint small
- Arca-Style Clamp with Level
- Adding an Arca-Swiss clamp to the rotator adds the ability to attach quick release plates that fit any Arca style clamp (plates not included).
- 10x Detent Interval Options
- With ten different degree stop increments: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 24, 36 & 72 stops (90, 60, 45, 36, 30, 24, 20, 15, 10 & 5°), the detent interval (click stop) option can also be changed in seconds, with a knob for locking rotation
- Up to 22lb Supported Weight Capacity
- The rotator supports 22lb of weight