The gray/green Kinray 53PR Backpack from Vanguard boasts a host of features that make it a winner in the area of dual function packs for photographers, videographers or even birders. This pack can hold a bevy of equipment ranging from 1-2 DSLRs (with lens attached), 4-6 extra lenses (up to 300mm f/2.8), flash, tripod and various accessories. It is also rated to accommodate most straight or angled spotting scopes up to 82mm of objective diameter. In addition, it is equipped to handle serious field work for day or overnight excursions since it contains bottom straps for a sleeping bag. Your tripod is held by supplied straps that secure it to the back.
The exterior fabric is a water-resistant 600D polyester while the inside is a soft 150D polyester and velvet material that is gear-friendly and won't damage the surface of your equipment. The pack comes with a tuck-away rain cover for foul weather making this pack usable in all sorts of climates and conditions.
The interesting facet of this pack is that it can be used in two ways - either as a standard daypack or as a traditional backpack. This is achieved by simply removing the internal dividers and cushions that make up the guts of the pack. The shoulder harness is wide and adjustable and provides good weight distribution. There is also a waist belt and sternum strap for added stability while on the trail.
Access to your gear is quick and easy through a handy front opening system. Zippered accessory pockets will hold your small stuff like pocket knife, map or candy bar. A convenient carabiner can be used to clip on more pouches or other quick access items. The pack even has additional side loops for even more pouches or accessories.
Backed by Vanguard's limited lifetime warranty, the Kinray 53PR will deliver a spacious, customizable pack that can be used by a wide variety of shooters, hikers or outdoor enthusiasts.
- 3 bags in 1: Converts from daypack to backpack quickly and easily; remove interior dividers and cushions to change its mode
- Uniquely designed to securely hold a spotting scope and DSLR camera with attached telephoto lens
- Quick access: Its large front opening enables fast access to gear
- Tripod holding system with upper strap for securing the head
- Weather-resistant / Includes rain cover
- Bottom straps will hold an optional sleeping bag
- Zippered accessory pockets for small items
- The bag will accept clip-on pouches to increase its capacity
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 45.9" (116.6 cm)