The gray/green Kinray 43 Sling Bag from Vanguard is a double threat when it comes to buying a pack that can serve many purposes. Whether you're a photographer or birder, this lightweight 2.2 lb bag will hold everything you need to get the job done. With its ability to serve as a reliable sling bag or daypack, this durable and full-featured bag can handle just about any demand you make of it. It's rated to hold your straight or angled spotting scope with a maximum objective of 65mm or your DSLR with a kit lens attached or your DSLR system with up to 3-4 lenses, one up to a 70-200mm f/4, flash, tripod and various accessories. Strap your tripod to the side with the included straps.
The bag comes with a wide, adjustable sling strap that easily slides to the front when you need to access your gear. Supporting that is a comfortable waist strap that contains small zippered side pockets for accessories such as a pocket knife, compass or map. A sternum strap holds the bag steady while you're walking or hiking. The bag is made from a strong, water-resistant polyester, nylon combination with a polyester and velvet interior that will be gentle on your gear. The back pad is breathable to keep you cool and comfortable.
Inside, it's customizable to accommodate your gear or, you can remove all the padded dividers and change it from a sling style to standard daypack. The large front opening provides quick zippered access. Your DSLR with lens attached stores in shooting position held quite securely by a thickly padded cushion. If you're traveling with a scope instead it, too, is held within the cushion and held in place by a touch fastened strap. Irrespective of what you're carrying, it can all be nested within the bag's movable, padded dividers. Side pockets with quick release couplers can hold a water bottle, lens pouches or other small items.
Not only will this bag hold your tripod on one side, but you can even store your walking stick on the other side. Additional exterior straps are provided on the back with which you can strap on your sleeping bag or jacket. A series of loops are included on the back for attaching pouches, carabiners or extra gear.
A built-in rain cover can be readily deployed when the weather turns against you. The top carry handle is used when you need to snatch the bag from a closet or the truck of your car. The bag comes with Vanguard's respectable limited lifetime warranty.
- 2 bags in 1: Converts from sling to daypack quickly and easily by simple removal of a thick cushion and other dividers; remove all dividers and use it as a traditional daypack
- Zippered pockets conveniently hold and keep organized small items like snacks, keys, guidebooks
- Front strap with carabiner holds small accessories
- Additional straps can be used to hold sleeping bag on the exterior
- Side loops for pouches
- Uniquely designed to securely hold a spotting scope and DSLR camera with attached telephoto lens
- Quick access - large front opening enables fast access to gear
- Adjustable shoulder straps, waist belt, chest strap
- Tripod holding system
- Weather-resistant material
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 36.2" (91.9 cm)