The Cambo CS-AS-BRONTO HDSLR Support Rig with Follow Focus & Mattebox offers stability during handheld video capturing from a low-angle. It consists of the CS-BRONTO Low Handle Grip HDSLR Support, MFC-3 Single Action Follow Focus, and CSM-100 Basic Flexible Hood Mattebox.
The BRONTO Low Handle Grip HDSLR Support assembly consists of a CS-M1 Compact Camera/Tripod Mount, a CS-H9 Low Position Grip Handle, a CS-152 Dual Parallel Clamp, 2 CS-1530 Iris Rods (300mm), a CS-157 1/4 Adapter, and a CS-397 Ball Head for monitor attachment to the front of the grip handle. The Bronto rig can be extended to any rig configuration.
The rig can be used with any follow-focus and/or matte box, and the resulting configuration allows you to center the weight of the camera by changing the position of the handle for optimized alignment of the shooting direction. The distance between the optical centre of the lens and the iris rods is adjustable, making this rig applicable to different types of cameras.
The MFC-3 Single Action Follow Focus enables you to precisely control the focus. Made from machined aluminum, this follow focus can be used with the most demanding cameras.
The MFC-3 Single Action Follow Focus is mounted to one bar of the support system. This has several advantages: by releasing one knob with a simple twist and hinging the follow focus unit aside, you can change lenses without any obstruction. If the new lens has a different diameter, the Follow Focus can be easily hinged in place around it with a one-hand operation. Also, when the gear is not at the same distance, the unit can be shifted forward or backwards to save time for resetting the configuration. Thanks to the uniquely profiled support bars, the unit locks securely with correct contact to the gear rack of the lens, so you can operate the focus without any kinks in the mechanism.
This follow focus is also able to reverse its rotation direction to accommodate the inverse focus direction of DSLR lenses.
The CSM-100 Basic Flexible Hood Mattebox attaches directly on to the bar system in front of the lens. It features a flexible hood that allows for adjustments for optimum shading with any focal length. This mattebox works with most wide-angle lens cameras for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios without vignetting. The flexible hood can be folded flat for transportation, taking up minimum space.
- CS-BRONTO Low Handle Grip HDSLR Support
- Allows centering of the weight of the camera for optimized alignment of the shooting direction
- 11.81” (300mm) iris rods
- Distance between the optical centre of the lens and the iris rods is adjustable
- Compatible with different types of cameras
- Can be used with any follow focus and/or mattebox
- MFC-3 Single Action Follow Focus
- Compatible with any lens diameter, including Flexible Gear-ring and Drive Gear m0.8x45
- Exchangeable gears that mount on front end or back end
- Can be rotated for reverse rotation of gears
- Double hinge allows for angled position of the knob
- Fits to any diameter of lens without modification
- One removable gearstrip for lens included
- Accepts Starknob and Flexible Knob extension
- CSM-100 Basic Flexible Hood Mattebox
- Attaches directly on to the bar system in front of the lens
- Flexible hood that allows for adjustments for optimum shading with any focal length
- Works with most wide-angle lens cameras for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios without vignetting
- Flexible hood can be folded flat for transportation