The Optoma PK301+ Pico Pocket Projector is marvel of modern miniaturization. It weighs in at 8 ounces (227 g) with a standard battery and is capable of projecting images of up to 120" (3 m) for immersive viewing experience. LED projection technology produces rich colors and maximizes brightness. Users can control brightness, contrast, and two color temperature settings to enhance their viewing experience.
With its vivid 3000:1 contrast ratio you can project on a screen or just about anywhere. Next time you're on a road trip sit in the back seat and project a movie or play a video game on the seatback in front of you.
The LED light source is rated to last 20,000 hours. You'll never change the lamp in this projector. So how do you get a decent picture out of a pocket-sized projector? Texas Instruments has adapted its famed DLP projection panel system (the part that forms the image) to the requirements of this mighty mite.
The PK301+ comes with a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that's good for about an hour on a charge whether in eco or normal mode. You can recharge it using the included AC adapter or, at a slower rate, directly from the USB port. Of course you can always run on AC power if there's a socket nearby and save your battery power for when you really need it.
The PK301+ has 28MB of its own internal memory and its microSD slot accepts cards up to 32GB. That means you can bring along tons of movies, songs and photos right in the projector. The PK301+ also projects NTSC and PAL video signals and 720p and 1080i high definition video.
This projector's light weight, battery-powered design and simple controls set the standard for portable projection.
- At a Glance: Powerful Projection in Your Pocket
Let your movies and media go where you go-pocket-sized, lightweight rechargeable projector made to take anywhere
Connect easily with laptops and tablets
Capture low cost of ownership with maintenance-free, long-life LED light source
Project bright and detailed widescreen images of up to 120 inches from any HDMI or VGA compatible source
- Creating a Class by Itself
- The Optoma PK301+ combines aspect ratio and brightness demanded by presenters and movie-lovers with a palm-sized profile that lets you take it along wherever you may need it. Whether you want to deliver wide-screen presentations or watch a movie, this projector steps up to the task, providing easy to use controls and the flexibility to connect to a broad range of sources, including iPhones, DVD players, laptop computers, set top boxes and more. The PK301+ projects natively at 854 x 480 resolution and weighs in at 8 oz (227g) with standard battery
- Excellent Image
- Rated at 75 LED lumens, the PK301+ is bright enough to present and share content with small groups with controlled ambient light. Standard, bright, movie and eco modes provide a range of ways to achieve the experience you want. A 16:9 aspect ratio is ideal for video presentations and movies. Project images of up to 120" (3 m) for immersive viewing experience. LED projection technology produces rich colors and maximizes brightness. Users can control brightness, contrast, and two color temperature settings to enhance their viewing experience
- Keep Moving
- The PK301+ uses the AC adapter or runs on battery power. On battery, the PK301+ can achieve typical battery life of up to 90 minutes in eco mode. An optional high capacity battery pack extends projection time further and allows you to use the PK301+ at full brightness for up to one and a half hours or up to five hours in eco mode
- Stay Connected
- A full suite of connectors on the rear of the PK301+ provide a broad range of connection options. A mini-jack audio output supports the use of an external amplifier and a micro SD slot allows for quick and easy sharing of stored videos and images. Connect to standard HDMI output sources with an optional mini-HDMI to full-size HDMI cable. Mini and micro HDMI cables are also available for smart phones and tablets
- The Rest of the Story
- The PK301+'s LED delivers at least 20,000 hours of use without replacing the light source. This projector is virtually without maintenance-just clean the lens periodically for best results. Meanwhile, a quiet fan ensures heat control without noise issues
- DLP Technology
- Designed and built to deliver reliability, usability and image quality, Optoma projectors help users get the most out of their digital content, encourage collaboration and communicate clearly and effectively. Optoma projectors are designed to provide the features that you need today and a path to grow into other capabilities as you need them
- Green by Design
Employ long-life materials and components
Use components that are lead-free on all printed circuit boards
Use no polystyrene foam in the packing materials
Comply with RoHS standards to phase out the use of hazardous materials
- Additional Features and Specs
Displayable colors: 100% NTSC color gamut
Memory: 28MB internal; microSD slot supports up to 32GB SDHC
Macintosh compatible with included VGA adapter
Video file compatibility: AVI, MOV, MP4, 3GP (common video formats are converted using Optoma Pico video encoder)
Image file compatibility: JPEG, BMP (PowerPoint files are converted using Optoma Pico video encoder)
- Match Your Life with Optional Accessories
Extended- power battery pack
iPod kit - Share the fun from iPod, iPhone and iPad
Mini HDMI cable - Easily connect to DVD players, Blu-ray players and set top boxes
Female USB adapter - Project images and videos from USB flash drives
Component video adapter - For higher quality video and gaming