The SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard with Thermal Armor & Thermal Radar from ASUS is a computer motherboard, compatible with Intel CPUs that use the LGA1155 socket. The board features dual-channel DDR3 memory, quad-GPU SLI and CrossFireX support. It also has USB 3.0, eSATA 6 Gbps and many other advanced technologies.ASUS uses TUF capacitors, chokes and MOSFETs, all of which meet military specifications. The new generation thermal armor boosts cooling with dual turbo fans that enhance the original TUF thermal design. Thermal radar monitors temperatures in critical parts of the board, automatically adjusting fan speeds for better system stability. The custom TUF design features special shields that resist particulate entry, effectively extending slot and connector lifespan.
- TUF /tΛf
- The TUF series SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard delivers a tough image. Along with the unique design and high quality, military-standard components, it features great stability, all-round compatibility and extreme durability.
- Thermal Armor
- Total Airflow-Boosting Heat Dissipation New generation thermal armor boosts cooling with dual turbo fans, enhancing the original TUF thermal design. It also directs hot air away from the components and the motherboard via smart shunt funneling. It covers the entire board with more powerful airflow and uses special heat pipes to expedite thermal removal and make sure temperatures stay low. The dedicated I/O cover fan draws additional cold air in and expels even more heat for improved stability. Additionally, new thermal armor comes with special convection holes in the PCB to facilitate underside airflow. It also sports a cool military-themed style, perfect for case modders.
- Thermal Radar
- Real-Time Temperature Detection and Heat Removal Thermal radar monitors temperatures in critical parts of the board, automatically adjusting fan speeds for better system stability. Fan overtime keeps fans working in critical minutes post shutdown to extend component lifespan, dropping temperatures by 44.60°F (7°C) in just ten minutes after the computer turns off. New fan off consists of a switch that disables fans in case temperatures drop below a manually or automatically set level for effective power consumption.
CPU, Chipset and Graphics Features
- LGA1155 Intel 3rd/2nd Generation Processors Ready
- This motherboard supports the 3rd generation Intel Core processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors, with iGPU, memory and PCIe controllers integrated. These support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCIe 3.0/2.0 lanes. This enables the motherboard to provide great graphics performance.
- Intel Z77 Express Chipset
- The Intel Z77 express chipset features a single-chipset design to support socket 1155 Intel 3rd generation Intel Core processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides 4x USB 3.0 ports for 10 times faster data retrieval speed. It can also enable iGPU function that allows you to enjoy the latest Intel integrated graphic performance.
- PCIe 3.0 Ready
- PCIe 3.0 is the latest PCIe bus standard with improved encoding schemes. It provides twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. The total bandwidth for an x16 link reaches the maximum of 32 Gbps. As such, PCIe 3.0 provides you unprecedented data speeds, combined with convenience and seamless transition offered by completely backwards compatibility with PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0 devices. PCIe 3.0 will become a must-have feature for users like you who wish to improve and optimize graphic performance, as well as have the latest technology available. 1
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support
- Flexible Multi-GPU Solutions The SABERTOOTH Z77 brings you the multi-GPU choice of either SLI or CrossFireX. The motherboard features the most powerful Intel Z77 platform to optimize PCIe allocation in multiple GPU configurations.
- Intel Smart Response Technology
- SSD Speed with HDD Capacity Intel Smart Response technology boosts overall system performance. It uses an installed fast SSD (min 18.6 GB available capacity required) as a cache for frequently accessed data. It reduces load and wait times and lowers power consumption through the elimination of unnecessary hard drive spin. This technology combines SSD performance with hard drive capacity, operating up to 6 times faster than a hard drive-only system.
- Intel Smart Connect Technology
- Auto Application Refresh. Less Waiting Time Your computer can receive web updates with fresh content for selected applications, even when the system is in sleep mode. This means the waiting time is less for applications to update and sync with the cloud, leading to a more efficient computing experience.
- Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Instant Awake from Sleep Mode It allows your computer to quickly resume from a low-power hibernate state in seconds. Saving your system memory to the designated SSD, it provides your computer a faster wake-up response time, while still keeping the energy use low.
Safe and Stable
- Dust Defender
- Repel the Dust, Expand the Lifespan Dust particles and environmental contamination present a constant hazard to the optimal functioning of slots and connectors. Build up on contact points within slots, compromises data transfer over time, negating the benefits of expensive and critical components such as graphic cards. Custom TUF design keeps this in mind with special shields that resist particulate entry, effectively extending slot and connector lifespan while promoting better performance.
- ESD Guards
- Unique Protection of Motherboard Components from Unexpected Electrostatic Discharges (ESD) Electrostatic discharge can happen suddenly and its damaging effects are often underestimated. Exclusive ASUS anti-static chip, a protective circuit design, and the I/O shield provide four times better protection to extend component lifespan.
TUF Engine - Power Design
- New DIGI+ Power Control
- Leading Digital Power Control Solution New DIGI+ power control include multiple digital voltage controllers, allowing ultra-precise modulation and tuning for CPU, iGPU and DRAM. This innovative ASUS technology provides an extremely accurate voltage tuning for better efficiency, stability and performance. With the next generation IntelVRD 12.5 future power design, CPU wattage can be decreased by half, creating a cooler and quieter PC. This technology provides the smartest control for better power saving scenarios.
- UEFI BIOS
- Full-Scale Performance Tuning with Easy BIOS Interface UEFI BIOS offers the first mouse-controlled graphical BIOS designed with selectable modes and native support for hard drives over 2.2 TB. You can also drag and drop boot priorities with the exclusive EZ mode, while advanced mode offers intricate settings. Quick and Easy Info for Enhanced System Control - F12 BIOS snapshot hotkey. - F3 shortcut for most accessed info. - ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) info, detecting faulty DIMMs and helping with difficult POST situations.
- TUF Components (Choke, Capacitor and MOSFET; Certified by Military-Standard)
- Certified for Tough Duty You can get rugged performance even in the most challenging conditions with the robust TUF chokes, solid capacitors and MOSFETs, certified through third-party, military-grade testing. TUF chokes, also known as the alloy choke, is made of a compound of various types of metal, instead of standard iron. It enables support of up to a massive 40 A of rated current, 25% higher than conventional component. Furthermore, the single piece packaging also eliminates the emission of vibration noise, delivering superb characteristics as well as durability under extreme conditions.
ASUS Exclusive Features
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP The ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB attached SCSI protocol), the latest USB 3.0 standard. The USB 3.0 Boost technology significantly increases a USB device's transmission speed up to 170%, adding to the already fast USB 3.0 transfer speed. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any user interaction. It's simple plug and boost auto detection design ensures best performance.
- USB BIOS Flashback
- Simple Plug and Press - Hardware-Based BIOS Flashback USB BIOS flashback is a truly revolutionary hardware-based update solution. It offers a convenient way to update the BIOS. It allows you to update new UEFI BIOS versions even without hardware such as a CPU or DRAM installed into the motherboard. You just need to plug in a USB flash drive containing the BIOS file and press the BIOS flashback button for 3 seconds with the power supply connected. The UEFI BIOS will then automatically update without requiring further interaction. With its new, complementary Windows application, you can regularly check for UEFI BIOS updates and download the latest BIOS automatically. It thus provides hassle-free updating for ultimate convenience.
- Network iControl
- Real-Time Network Bandwidth Control With a single-click on/off button, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles through the intuitive user interface. Within the profile, programs can be pre-scheduled to run in a specific time period to avoid network congestion and long-waits on downloads. Auto PPPoE network connection provides a one-step setup for enhanced online convenience. Overall, it's an intuitive network bandwidth control center.
- USB Charger+
- 3 Times Faster Charging for All Smart Devices With a dedicated onboard controller, you can quick-charge all your smart devices such as iProducts, smartphones, tablets and more, all up to 3 times faster, even when the PC is powered off, in sleep or in hibernation mode.
- LucidLogix Virtu MVP
- Up to 60% Hybrid Graphics Boost and 3 Times Faster Video Conversion LucidLogix Virtu MVP features HyperFormance technology that boosts your discrete graphic card's original performance up to 60% through the test of 3DMark Vantage. It is designed for Intel processor graphics and Windows 7 PCs. It perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphic cards with fast computing iGPU. You can enjoy a smoother gaming experience by eliminating tearing artifacts with the newly designed virtual sync. LucidLogix Virtu MVP can also dynamically assign tasks to the best available graphics resource, based on power, performance and system load. This allows you to fully utilize 3 times faster video conversion with Intel Quick Sync Video technology while retaining high-end 3D rendering and gaming performance, provided by both NVIDIA and AMD graphic cards. When the discrete graphics card is not required, power consumption goes automatically down to near zero, making the system more environmental-friendly. For users searching for perfection, LucidLogix Virtu MVP provides great graphical performance, flexibility and efficiency.
Note:LucidLogix Virtu MVP supports Windows 7 OS. Intel Quick Sync Video feature is supported by 3rd/2nd generation Intel Core processor family. System Configuration: OS: Windows 7 64-bit SP1 | MB: P8Z77-V DELUXE | CPU: CPU-1155-QB15-2700K-3.5G-Sandy BRIDGE100-8M |DIMM: DDR3 G.SKILL 17000CL9Q-16GBZH 4GB *4 | Lucidvirtu MVP version: V22.214.171.12497 | On-board Intel VGA driver version: V126.96.36.19998 | ASUS GTX580 driver version: V188.8.131.5262.