The VariZoom VZTOC-ZFi3 Wireless Follow Focus System is comprised of a 3-channel handheld control unit, a 3-channel wireless receiver, and three motorized drive gears. VariZoom also supplies three universal gear sets, which each include four interchangeable gears for use with virtually any film or video lens. The control unit and receiver support wireless distances of up to 1000' with line of sight. The control unit and receiver can also operate as a wired system, which can be useful for situations where there is RF interference.
The control knob features fluid drag and a touchscreen with an intuitive GUI for adjusting all parameters. There is also an iris and focus marking panel with an LED backlight for improved visibility. The lens drive motors uses a single rod clamp for mounting onto a 19mm or 15mm rod. In addition, the motor system features auto and manual calibration for hassle-free setup.
- Can be configured as a wired system to avoid RF interference
- Knob, slider, and lens range limits can be set manually
- The control unit and receiver both have LED wireless signal strength indicators
- Motor response can be adjusted to ensure smooth operation
- Lens drive motors can auto calibrate when used with lens that have hard stops
- Manual calibration for use with lens that have no hard stops
- Backlash compensation setting for variation in lenses
- Power compensation accommodates lenses with more or less resistance to rotation
- One touch buttons for "Open Iris" and "Reset All"
- Rechargeable Canon BP type Li-Ion battery and battery monitor gauge
- Stainless steel eyelet for attaching a lanyard
- Gears: two 32DP/0.8M (film), two 0.6M (Fujinon), two 48DP/0.5M (Canon), two 64DP ("iris")
- Waterproof, hard-sided carrying case for all components
- Made in the U.S.A.