The Avantone MixCube Full-Range Mini Reference Monitor is a passive professional studio reference monitor specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90 Hz to 17 kHz. In today's world of high definition media, it is still necessary to mix music that translates and sounds as defined on Lo-fi speakers such as laptops and Smartphones, as well as Hi-fi full-range HD audio systems. The MixCube provides audio engineers with accurate and detailed mid-frequency referencing, leaving the larger 2-way and 3-way monitoring systems to bass and high-frequency referencing.
The MixCube is passive and handles up to 200 watts (8Ω) from an external amplifier. The 5.25" driver is enclosed in a handsome MDF cabinet with a retro-cream finish. The input connector features 3-way CE rated plastic encased metal binding posts that accept up to 12-gauge wire, spade lugs and dual banana plugs. The MixCube's small size makes it easy to place in any studio setting, and as an added feature, Avantone installed 5/8"-27 thread microphone stand fittings to the base of the speaker.
- Mid Referencing
- Studios primarily use larger 2- and 3-way monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. However, in this newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to also hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc. It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Listening tests reveal that the MixCube has a smooth, more open, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining its basic original character
- 3-Way Binding Post Connections
- 3-way CE rated plastic encased metal binding post speaker connections accept up to 12-gauge wire, spade lugs and dual banana plugs
- Quality 5.25" Drivers
- The paper cone, chosen for its musical character, is custom designed and crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for lighter weight and rigidity. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances. The Top Plate and T-Yoke of the driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel, enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43 oz high-power, low-distortion motor structure
- Flexible Placement
- The bottom mic stand mounts will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations