The Aventone Active MixCube Powered Full-Range Mini Reference Monitors are a pair of professional studio reference monitors specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90Hz to 17kHz. In today's world of high definition media, it is still necessary to mix music that translates and sounds as defined on lo-fi speakers such as laptops and smartphones, as well as hi-fi full-range HD audio systems. The Active MixCube provides audio engineers with accurate and detailed mid-frequency referencing, leaving the larger 2-way and 3-way monitoring systems to bass and high-frequency referencing.
The Active MixCube features a powerful and accurate 60W (RMS) amplifier and 5.25" driver enclosed in a handsome MDF cabinet with a retro-cream finish. The input connector is an XLR-combo connection with XLR & 1/4" phone inputs that accept balanced and unbalanced signals. There is a variable gain control dial and on/off switch. Each speaker features its own external power supply with a 10' (3m) AC cable attached to the power supply, and an additional 10' (3m) cloth multi-pin cable that connects the power supply to the speaker. The Active MixCube's small size make them easy to place in any studio setting, and as an added feature, Avantone installed 5/8"-27 thread microphone stand fittings to the base of each speaker.
- Mid Referencing
- Studios primarily use 2-way & 3-way larger monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. However, in this newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to also hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc. It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes have a smooth, more open, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining their basic original character.
- Combo XLR Input
- This "combo XLR" input accepts a balanced male XLR plug as well as a 3-conductor balanced TRS ¼" or a 2 conductor unbalanced TS ¼" male plug. For unbalanced operation with a TS connector the minus signal is automatically grounded.
- System Gain
- This variable control adjusts the sensitivity of the signal that appears at the input. Rotating the control clockwise increases the sensitivity while a counter-clockwise rotation decreases sensitivity. The adjustable gain range is from -30 to +6 dB. A setting of +6 allows a full, unimpeded signal to be sent to the amplifier.
- AC Input
- This input is only to be used with the proprietary Avantone power supply. Tighten the cable/connector securely for reliable operation. There is a switch on the power supply for selecting the proper AC/Mains operating voltage for your location.
- Ground Lift Switch
- By engaging this switch the pin 1 shield is lifted at the input jack. This can be used to aid in ground loop control of the incoming analog line signal.
- Flexible Placement
- The bottom mic stand mounts will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations.