The Avantone Pro BV-1 is a large diaphragm tube condenser that is designed for warm sounding, professional quality reproduction of vocals and instruments for a multitude of recording applications. The BV-1 is designed to be rugged and reliable. Its body and capsule assembly are constructed of brass to protect the 34mm gold sputtered mylar diaphragm. Furthermore, it has rear vents to help keep the tube at a stable temperature.
The BV-1 is also built for versatility, incorporating variable polar pattern switching that is remotely controlled from the included power supply. The pattern selector has 9 different settings that span between omnidirectional and figure-eight, with cardioid in the center. For recording louder sound sources, such as when used to record percussion, the microphone is equipped with a switchable pad that attenuates the signal -10dB to help eliminate distortion. Also, to save you work when mixing your recording, the mic has a high pass switch that when engaged cuts unwanted frequencies from the signal by 6dB per octave below 80 Hz. It also includes a 20' 7-pin XLR microphone cable that connects the mic to the power supply, and through which the vacuum tube receives its power.
- Recommended for recording vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, percussion, piano and more
- Shockmount included for precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting unwanted vibrations from being picked up
- "Retro-Butter-Cream" finish with polished nickel trim and grill
- Includes mic box and road case for protection during transport
- Detachable metal pop screen to filter breath noise when recording vocals