The BV-12 from Avantone is a tube-based true condenser microphone and part of their premium product lineup. The transformer-coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs and the rugged microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined from brass, finished off with an elegant Butter Cream baked-on finish, and accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
The microphone utilizes dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies and the system ships with a dedicated universal power supply, from which any of nine polar patterns can be selected. An included shock mount allows for precise positioning while isolating the microphone from extraneous noises. A padded box and tweed carrying case provide protection while in transit.
- Tube-type true condenser microphone with dedicated power supply
- Dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies
- "Hand Selected" Russian-made 6072A tube
- Delivers a warm, pleasing sonic character
- Custom retro shock mount allows a precise positioning of the microphone while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations
- PS-1 power supply offers access not only to omni, cardioid, and figure-8 patterns, but also 6 "in-between" settings
- Omni-mode works well in some rooms for ambient room recording
- Military-grade -10 dB pad switch
- Military-grade 80 Hz high-pass filter switch