The Avantone CV-12 Multi-Pattern Large Capsule Tube Condenser Microphone is modestly priced and features a large 32mm mylar transducer and tube output stage featuring a 6072A tube for a warm, vintage tone and audio quality. The CV-12 is designed to capture vocals and instruments with the warmth and character of microphones of the '50s and '60s, at a fraction of the cost of some popular tube microphones. Its elegant Cabernet Red-Wine finish and nickel trim are signature to Avantone's Cabernet (C-series) microphones.
Capture vocals, piano, guitar, strings, amplifier cabinets and other sources with enhanced detail, low noise and low distortion. The CV-12's external power supply features variations of omnidirectional, cardioid and hypercardioid polar patterns, for a total of 9 selectable patterns. In addition, there is a -10dB pad switch for minimizing distortion, and an 80Hz HPF filter for minimizing low frequency noise. The microphone is shipped with Avantone's custom retro shockmount, power supply, connecting cable and aluminum carrying case.
- 9-pattern tube microphone w/ dual 32mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules
- -10dB pad & 80Hz LF metal roll off toggle switches
- Hand selected Russian made 6072A tube
- Each CV-12 Mic has a serial number
- Ideal for studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, room mic, piano