The Avantone CV-28 is a small-capsule tube condenser mic with interchangeable capsules for cardioid, hypercardioid, and omni polar patterns. The mic features a military-grade 6J1B tube, and offers vintage tone comparable to mics from the 1950s and '60s, at a fraction of the price. It excels on acoustic guitar, mandolin, percussion, piano, as a drum overhead, and more.
The CV-28 offers both a -15 dB attenuation switch and a switchable high-pass filter that rolls off 6 dB/octave at 80 Hz. The mic is powered by the included PS-28 power supply, which is switchable between 115 and 230 VAC. You also get a padded wooden box for the mic, and an aluminum flight case that fits the CV-28 and all of its accessories.
- Comparable performance to vintage tube mics at a fraction of the cost
- 3 polar patterns,: Cardioid, Omni, and Hypercardioid, switchable via interchangeable capsules
- Military-grade 6J1B tube
- Switchable high-pass filter with 80 Hz center frequency and 6 dB/octave rolloff.
- Switchable -15 dB input attenuation
- Mic body and capsule assembly made of precision machined brass, with Cabernet Wine-Red finish and polished nickel trim and grill
- Dedicated PS-28 power supply with switchable 115/230VAC capability
- Transformer-coupled tube circuitry
- Includes Custom Retro shockmount which allows precise positioning while inhibiting transfer of unwanted vibrations