The Avantone CK-6 Large Capsule Cardioid FET Condenser Microphone is beautifully crafted and delivers the performance and sound well suited for general instrument recording, and of course vocal capturing. The CK-6 sports a stylish red finish, consistent with Avantone's Cabernet (C-series) microphone line. Its appearance compliments its sound with a large 32mm capsule featuring a cardioid polar pattern. Also featured is an 80Hz high-pass filter for reducing low-frequency noise, and -10dB pad for capturing transient peaks without distortion. Included in the package is Avantone's custom retro shockmount, wooden case and metal travel case.
- The CK-6 houses a 32mm gold-sputter thin Mylar capsule with a cardioid polar pattern
- Transformerless, discreet Class A FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs
- High grade polystyrene and metalized polypropylene capacitors in the audio path
- Elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly
- The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics
- The 80Hz high-pass filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to greatly reduce low frequencies