The Avantone Pro CK-40 Stereo Multi-Pattern FET Microphone is modestly priced, flexible, and capable of producing pristine stereo recordings of vocals, instruments, ensembles, ambiance and more. The CK-40 sports a stylish red finish, consistent with Avantone's Cabernet (C-series) microphone line. Its appearance is out matched only by its flexibility and sonic performance.
Twin large 35mm capsules are mounted vertically, feature switchable omnidirectional, cardioid and figure 8 polar patterns, and the top capsule may be rotated up to 180° for flexible positioning. Polar patterns may be independently selected and its flexible positioning options allow for Blumlein, X/Y and M-S stereo recording techniques.
Add to this the ability to individually assign an 80Hz high-pass filter and -10dB pad, and the CK-40's flexibility begins to rival stereo microphones at more than double the price. Included in the package is a shockmount, 5-pin XLR cable measuring 30' (9.14m), 5-pin XLR to dual 3-pin XLR breakout box, wooden case and metal travel case.
- Features twin 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. Their close physical proximity places them in a tight vertical array to allow accurate stereo imaging without phase issues
- Individually selectable cardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8 polar patterns
- The top capsule/grill assembly rotates up to 180° relative to the lower capsule/grill assembly
- Two sets of pad, pattern select & LF roll-off switches independently control the capsules.
- Custom retro shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations