The Avantone CDMK7 is a 7-mic drum-microphone kit that makes it easy to mic up a full drum kit, using drum-specific, 2nd-Generation Avantone dynamic mics, as well as the company's CK-1 condenser mics. The CDMK7 is equally at home on stage and in the studio.
The included MONDO kick drum mic has an aggressive frequency contour, handles 145 dB SPL, and is equipped with an internal shockmount assembly for the capsule, which minimizes the vibrations that cause rumble.
For the snare, you get the ADM snare drum mic, which gives you similar voicing to the "industry standard" snare mic, but with better lows and an extended high-end. The ADM is also an excellent choice for high toms, bongos, congas, guitar cabinets, and many other miking chores.
The CDMK7 provides three two ATOM tom microphones. These feature oversized capsules designed for capturing hefty lows and a penetrating attack. The mic has an internal shockmount assembly for the capsule, which helps prevent the vibrations that cause rumble. The ATOM is also recommended for large congas, djembe, and bass-amp cabinets.
Two Avantone CK-1 cardioid condenser mics are provided for overhead miking. The mics each have a low-frequency cutoff switch, and a -10 dB attenuation switch. The CK-1's let you focus in directionally on the cymbal sounds, while their cardioid patterns reject unwanted signals coming in from the sides and back. The kit also includes 4 PK-1 PRO-KLAMP drum mic mounts, which take the place of bulky mic stands by making it possible to attach the mics directly to the snare and tom rims. The PK-1s help reduce unwanted vibration, and make positioning the mics a snap. All seven mics come with SSM shockmounts, which help decouple the mics from unwanted low-frequency transfer and vibration.
The dynamic mics in the kit feature die-cast zinc bodies, and the CK-1's are brass. All are durable, and have no plastic parts to break. The mics come in a custom, vintage-tweed case that features metal corners, locking latches, a high-density foam tray, a plush lining, and a faux-alligator trim exterior. The interior foam can be lifted out to provide additional storage space for cables and other accessories.
MONDO Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone
ADM Dynamic Snare Drum Microphone
MONDO ATOM Dynamic Tom Microphone
CK-1 Small-Capsule FET Pencil Microphone
PK-1 PRO-KLAMP Drum Rim Microphone Mount
SSM Professional Shockmount
- 1 MONDO kick drum mic with an internal shockmount assembly to prevent rumble caused by vibration
- 1 ADM snare microphone, which offers "industry-standard" voicing along with extended bottom and top end frequency response
- 3 ATOM tom mics with oversize capsules to capture lots of low end and penetrating attack
- 2 CK-1 cardioid FET condenser mics for overhead miking
- 4 PK-1 PRO-KLAMP drum-rim microphone mounts make it easy to mount the snare and tom mics without the need for stands
- 7 SSM metal shockmounts to decouple mics from low-frequency transfer and rumble
- Mics come in a custom heavy-duty, locking, padded tweed vintage case, with faux-alligator trim
- Owner's manual included