The Avantone Atom Dynamic Tom Microphone is a ruggedly designed tome microphone with an elegant finish that is also well suited for congas, bass cabinets and other similar instruments. The Atom delivers large low-end and fast, penetrating attacks for recording and live sound reinforcement. Its big-tone requires little or no EQ processing and the dynamic capsule is capable of handling high SPL before distortion, and features a cardioid polar pattern.
Its elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish features nickel trim, rugged black grill and absolutely no breakable plastic components. The microphone is shipped with their PK-1 Pro-Klamp drum rim mount. The mount allows for close, adjustable positioning without bulky microphone stands, and is constructed with 3 stages of rubber dampening / decoupling material to suppress noise cased by vibration and rigorous playing. A shockmount (SSM) and rugged padded carrying case are also included.
- Incorporates an oversize capsule that captures extended low-end as well as a penetrating attack. The Atom is custom voiced to yield a fat, big sound that often requires no EQ at all
- Because of the special voicing on the Atom, it also is fantastic on djembe, large congas, bass amp cabinets and other similar sources
- Die cast from zinc, with a brass and steel grill assembly and no plastic parts to break
- Machined insets on the barrel of the microphone body to lock the included SSM shockmount in place
- The included PK-1 Pro-Klamp drum rim mic mount allows confident microphone positioning while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations with three stages of rubber dampening/decoupling material. This isolation allows for professional results without the need for traditional tripod/boom stands