The Marshall Electronics V-LCD51 5" Monitor / EN-EL3 Style Battery / and Battery Adapter Kit includes a monitor, a pre-installed Nikon EN-EL3 style battery adapter and an EN-EL3 style battery, two battery chargers with one being a car charger, a 5" monitor hood, a hot-shoe adapter, a bracket with two hot shoe mounts on it, and a power supply.
The monitor is an on-camera panel with a full selection of useful features. The features are accessible on a straight-forward on-screen menu and operable by front panel buttons. Four of the buttons can be configured to each control a different feature.
A 1.2 megapixel, active matrix, TFT LCD monitor, the V-LCD51 is LED-backlit and has a resolution of 800 x 480. It features 300 nit brightness and a 600:1 contrast ratio, and it lets you switch between full-screen, 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. When in full-screen mode, the monitor automatically scales incoming images to fit the screen.
The rear panel has an HDMI input for connection to a camera, and the bottom has 1/4"-20 screw-hole for attachment to a camera (via the included hot shoe adapter).
- Confidence Features
- RGB Bias and Gain fine-tunes red, green, black color balance
- RGB Check Field analyzes individual color components of an image
- Pixel-to-Pixel shows a portion of an incoming image in its native resolution
- Peaking indicates with red outlines which parts of an image are in sharp focus
- HDMI Ratio Detect auto-detects the proper Aspect Ratio setting of incoming video
- HDMI Color Space auto-detects / manually selects the color space of incoming video
- Additional features: RGB Field Detect / Image Flip / Freeze Frame / Mosquito / Markers
- Three color temperature presets to choose from: 5500K, 6500K, 9300K
- User-Configurable Function Buttons
The following features can be configured into the user-configurable function buttons:
- Check Field
- Image Flip
- Mosquito Filter
- Peaking Filter
- False Colors
- Freeze Input
- Aspect Markers
- Center Marker
- Marker Enable
- Monitor Hood: Shields from Excessive Light
- Easily attaches / removes by a strip of adhesive-backed hook and loop material