The imageFORMULA DR-M140 Scanner from Canon features a fast 40 ppm (simplex) scan speed and up to 600 dpi resolution. The scanner is ideal for batch scanning large documents thanks to its ADF which allows for scanning 50 pages at a time. Additionally, the DR-M140 includes automatic duplex scanning so scanning a two-sided document doesn't require converting it to a one sided document before scanning. Easily reduce your paper clutter by scanning your files and creating searchable PDF documents. The included software guides you through the process of PDF creation and provides a file management solution to help keep track of all your scanned documents.
The DR-M140's compact size makes it ideal for any workspace. The scanner features a front loading and front ejecting paper path to eliminate the need for clearance space behind the scanner. Additionally, when not in use, the feeder and output tray fold into the scanner for an even smaller footprint. The printer also features a rear-feed straight-through paper path for scanning thicker media.
The DR-M140 comes bundled with a software suite that helps you get the most out of your scanner. Canon CaptureOnTouch provides an easy to use interface for scanning as well as a number of scan-to destinations such as cloud applications, PDF files, and Microsoft Office files. Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office lets you create searchable PDF files so you can easily find exactly what you need. It also allows you to easily add pages to existing PDF files. Also included is Kofax VRS which provides image correction for your scanned documents and images.
Wide Variety Of Applications
- Each day, legal, medical, government, and financial staff members are challenged with overwhelming amounts of paperwork. From invoices to letters and contracts to EKG strips, those in paper-based businesses require a document capture system that helps ensure efficient information management-that system starts with the DR-M140 scanner
Reliable & Versatile
- Scanning often involves mixed batches of documents. To address widespread needs, the DR-M140 scanner employs two feeding paths. The default U-turn path works well for typical jobs, while the straight path can be selected to handle items such as thick or thin documents and embossed plastic cards. This scanner also offers pickup feeding for increased reliability upon initiating a scan, as well as Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection to help ensure that no data is lost if a double-feed occurs
Convenient & Efficient
- The DR-M140 scanner is well suited for desktop use, reducing the space and the learning curve sometimes required to process documents. Its front-loading and front-eject features allow users to easily scan documents without a lengthy tray. A convenient control panel enables easy access to pre-programmed scanning tasks, and a Double-Feed Release button on the scanner body allows users to handle special documents, such as envelopes
Productive & Capable
- The DR-M140 is equipped to scan 6,000 documents per day by holding 50 sheets in its feeder and scanning up to 40 pages/80 images per minute in all modes, including color. With such strong capacities, this scanner helps to effectively transition to a paperless office
High Image Quality
- The DR-M140 scanner maximizes image quality with features such as Character Emphasis to improve the legibility of hard-to-capture documents. The Auto Resolution setting is useful for scanning mixed batches while automatically adjusting the resolution to improve clarity and compress file sizes. And with capabilities such as Background Smoothing and Shadow Cropping, the DR-M140 scanner emphasizes accurate scanning and furthers superb output
Environment In Mind
- The DR-M140 scanner is part of Canon's Generation Green Program. It also meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency and complies with the EU RoHS and WEEE directives for reduction of hazardous substances and waste products
- With the DR-M140 scanner comes a suite of software applications. Canon's CaptureOnTouch helps simplify scanning tasks, and the improved CapturePerfect delivers advanced image processing features. Both also scan to cloud applications, such as Microsoft SharePoint, to improve collaboration. Also including Kofax VRS and Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office, the bundled software package widens the scope of scanning capabilities. The DR-M140 scanner is also bundled with ISIS®/TWAIN drivers for easy integration with third-party capture or content management systems
- For investment protection, eCarePAK options are available on the DR-M140 scanner. eCarePAK extends service beyond the initial one-year advanced exchange warranty period, saving on costs associated with post-purchase maintenance and maximizing uptime throughout the product life