Seagate is ready to rumble with a speedy new external and ultra-portable hard drive. The Seagate GoFlex 1TB Ultra-Portable External Hard Drive for Mac with Thunderbolt Adapter is their newest bundled drive that now comes with the speedy Thunderbolt adapter for Mac users.
How speedy is Thunderbolt? Thunderbolt allows users to unleash their creativity using high-bandwidth audio- and video-capturing devices, while processing in 10 gigs-per-second real time - up to 20x the speed of USB 2.0 and 12x the speed of FireWire 800.
You can daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt devices on one interface, and it also allow high-definition display on a single port. You can transfer and receive files simultaneously using two ports, and the Bus-powered Thunderbolt adapter is versatile - it can be used on any portable GoFlex drive. The drive comes Time Machine enabled, and if you install the downloadable HFS+ driver on the PC you can use the drive interchangeably between Macs and PCs without having to format.
Extra storage and high data transfer speeds in one place should make this Seagate drive the portable choice for graphics and content-minded Mac users on the go.
- Time Machine Compatible
- The GoFlex for Mac ultra-portable drive helps you take full advantage of your Mac computer's Time Machine backup application.
- Large Storage
- The spacious 1TB of storage means plenty of room for large graphics and content files. Partition options let you handle all that room in easily accessible chunks.
- Includes Thunderbolt Adapter
- Enjoy processing speeds of 10 Gbps real time - up to 20x the speed of USB 2.0 and 12x the speed of FireWire 800.
- For Macs and PCs
- Install the downloadable HFS+ driver on the PC to use the drive interchangeably between a Mac and PC without having to format. This is the perfect solution for Mac computer users who still regularly use a PC.