The AMP2-D8DA 8-Channel Audio Monitor with Dolby AC3 from Wohler Technologies is a 2RU in-rack audio monitor capable of outputting and displaying encoded, multi-channel audio (up to 8 channels) from Dolby Digital streams decoded from AES. The ability to switch seamlessly between encoded or discrete PCM sources, in addition to providing full, simultaneous demuxed output of the multi-channel source offers a significant operational capability.
This unit is recommended for use in VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite links, cable TV facilities, and on-air radio studios. Extended HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss and electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provide positive audible detection of reversed polarity audio feeds. The sleek design provides optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near field environment (1 to 3') (0.3 to 0.9m) with performance comparable to that of many separate monitor pairs without installation hassles and awkward speaker placements. This enables a higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk.
- Supports decoding and playback of Dolby Digital bitstreams
- Select and assign a channel or channel pair to left, right or both speakers, or select a predefined downmix
- 4 presets let you change the entire system configuration with the press of a single button
- Thorough magnetic shielding allows placement next to sensitive equipment and video monitors
- Backlit LED screen displays phase, signal type, Dolby program, and more
- Eight 26-segment tri-color LED bar graphs display simultaneous VU and PPM
- Sum any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs
- High quality drivers and power amplifiers deliver good frequency response and low distortion
- Power 104 dB SPL at 2' (0.6m)