The Laird Telemedia HSWAP-2 12V Hot Swap Power Distribution Box takes two battery inputs and distributes steady power to a cine camera and to all the camera's accessories, accessories such as a lens control system. Moreover, very importantly, you can also (or alternatively) connect an AC to DC wall power source instead of a battery. So, in effect, you can have a battery and a wall power source plugged in as your two inputs. Both input ports are 3B 8-pin Lemos, and both accept 12 volt sources.
What the HSWAP does is select the source that at any time has the most life left in it, and with that source it powers your outputs -- your camera and its accessories. One of the benefits of such auto-switching is the ability to seamlessly interchange batteries. As you pull one out to replace with a new one, that one which you leave behind will automatically get switched to, and none of your outputs will lose any power in the process. The ten ports for the outputs consist of six 12V XLRs and four 12V Lemos of different configurations. (Please see the "Specifications" tab for all configurations.)
As for mounting, the HSWAP features on its bottom a metal V-plate by which it snaps into any V-mount receiver. Additionally, the same bottom has a flushed 1/4"-20 screw-hole by which you can attach the HSWAP to anything that accepts a 1/4"-20 screw; (and a 1/4"-20 thumbscrew comes included).
The HSWAP is 4.5 x 4.5" and comes in a high-quality rugged aluminum housing. Compatible cameras include the RED and Alexa line-ups, SONY's F65 and F3, and Canon's C300/500. Compatible batteries are Anton Bauer's VCLX, Panavision's Genesis, those from IDX, and others with industry standard power cables.
- Steady Power for Your Rig
- Takes two battery and / or AC power sources via 12 volt input ports
- Distributes power to a cine camera and all its accessories (and to 3D rigs)
- Selects / switches to the input power source with the most life / voltage left in it
- Features ten output ports for cameras and accessories: 6 12V XLRs / 4 12V Lemos
- Snaps by V-mount plate onto any V-mount receiver / mounts also by 1/4"-20 screw-hole