The Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter from Waves is a TDM based plug-in for use with Avid's Pro Tools HD systems that recreates the Aphex Aural Exciter process, as delivered by the original hardware from the mid-70s. The original unit was so well received at the time, that it was even credited as a "session player" on best-selling albums by the likes of Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt and James Taylor.
The original unit provided the ability to increase and enhance presence, brightness, and vibrancy on vocal and instrumental tracks alike, without raising levels. This was particularly useful because multiple passes of tape during multi-tracking would eventually dull some of the high-end details.
Modeled on one of only a few tube-powered units ever made, the Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter plug-in delivers all the unique character of the rare original hardware unit, with all the advantages of software.
- Faithful model of the rare tube-powered original
- Adds brightness, vibrancy and depth
- Increases presence without raising levels
- Perfect for vocal and instrumental tracks alike
- Mix and AX modes for insert or send configurations
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- Mono and stereo components
- MODE selects the processing mode - MIX1, MIX2, AX
- METER selects VU meter view options
- INPUT controls input gain
- AX MIX controls the amount of AX (aural excitement) added to the original signal
- OUTPUT controls output gain
- MAINS controls analog characteristics caused by hum, based on the power supplies of the original units
- NOISE controls the level of the modeled analog noise