The CLA-76 Blacky & Bluey (TDM) from Waves is a plug-in that features models of the famed mid-60's Class A line level limiting amplifier. A favorite studio tool, the original hardware had a superfast attack (as quick as 50 microseconds) that is reproduced in the software model. The plug-in can be used on numerous sources, but really shines when processing drums.
Also featured in the plug-in is the unconventional "All Ratio Buttons In" setting that provided the trademark overdriven tone of the original, along with modeled pre-amp distortion. The original hardware underwent numerous revisions after it was first introduced with a blue strip on a silver faceplate. The black face version added low-noise circuits on additional circuit boards and reduced distortion. Both versions are represented here.
- Superfast attack
- Includes "All Buttons In" setting
- Pre-amp distortion modeling
- Zero latency
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution
- Mono and stereo components
- Input - infinity to 0
- Output - infinity to 0
- Attack - 1 to 7 (1 ms to 50 µs)
- Release - 1 to 7 (1 s to 50 ms)
- Ratio - 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1, ALL
- Comp Off - comp on, comp off
- Analog - off, 50 Hz, 60 Hz
- VU Display - input, gain reduction, output